Eric S'ennui

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

No Way Home without a doubt most electric crowd I've ever been in theater with.

Same as Infinity War and Endgame, but watching all 3 without crowd Cheering, Whistling, Going crazy, jumping from seats at home Only Infinity War and Endgame holds up, NWH goes down a bit.

Since we are talking Spider-Man (famously almost made by Cameron and played by DiCaprio before thank god they didn’t get that awful script made back in the 90s), have you all watched Michael Giacchino’s Werewolf By Midnight? And how would you feel if he was the next in line to direct the new phase of Spider-Man?

2 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Hmm, not sure, I really don’t think so. My rule of thumb is that COVID / war (and the ER that goes with it) resulted on around +-$500m from the bigger players (NWH, TGM and now A2). It’s an exercise in ‘what if’ but I insist that A2 is and should have always been what me and others have said for a decade, reestablishing the franchise to the general audience. Cameron took way too damn long for it, so what happens next is to see if the GA rekindles with the message and the world of the franchise… or not:

I saw this yesterday and I was avoiding to touch the can of worms that is some of the backlash that the film and Cameron are facing on social media, and I wouldn’t dare to bring this up on the film’s OT, but I do think that some of the criticism here has some major merit. Cameron needs to open his world to more diverse voices, not only among the cast and screenwriting, but also ar helm of the production for the own good of the world he created, in my opinion. The issues about how the first film and now the second one delve deep into colonialism allegory is something that could have bothered some back in 2009 (and it did rub me the wrong way back then) and it does sting harder now after we got at very least three popular sci-fi films that explored colonialism from a diverse perspective (Black Panther, Prey, Wakanda Forever).

The world is different than what it was back in 2009. Just being the ‘king of the world’ isn’t good enough anymore. And that’s a good thing.

Wait. All of What's-his-name and Zoe Saldana's kids are played by white actors? Bit weird, Jim!

37 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Meaning @Elessar:

Having money doesn’t make you a genius. He isn’t self made, neither a genius. Absolutely nothing he owns he created, designed or invented. He is just a billionaire that really wants to look like Tony Stark but is more like Justin Hammer than most realized back then and it becomes more obvious every single day. He didn’t invent Tesla, Space X or Twitter. He bought all of that, all of that were previously owned - and invented - by other people.

To compare Musk to Hammer is an insult to Hammer. Musk is a forever mentally a sad 13 year old child who wants to popular and loved but will never be and therefore lashes out when he doesn’t get his way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Same as Infinity War and Endgame, but watching all 3 without crowd Cheering, Whistling, Going crazy, jumping from seats at home Only Infinity War and Endgame holds up, NWH goes down a bit.

It was absolute insane, yes. Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Captain America: Civil War was absolute madness. Avengers: Infinity War ended with people crying and all you could hear was people crying lmao.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Will never understand why anyone would ever want a 'loud' crowd during the film. Have never had one over here and it would just ruin the film for me.

1 minute ago, YM! said:

To compare Musk to Hammer is an insult to Hammer. Musk is a forever mentally a sad 13 year old child who wants to popular and loved but will never be and therefore lashes out when he doesn’t get his way.

I can agree with that. But you gotta see how much obviously inspired by Musk Justin Hammer is. Hell even the hairdo they went with is obviously inspired. This has been a running gag for 12 years now lol.

30 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah there is Twitter banning and him being a prick but there is also space X which is a daunting project that seeks to expand our avenue into space exploration(mars). Whether he succeeds will see.

Let's keep those two things mutually exclusive .

He's just an investor in SpaceX though. It's not like he's the guy designing the rockets! And it's just a scheme for him to mooch on money from the US government!

1 minute ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Avengers: Infinity War ended with people crying and all you could hear was people crying lmao.

And people on Twitter used to tell me that Infinity War has no stakes because everyone will come back.

People on THE INTERNET don't realize just how much of audience who watch these movies have no idea about comics. Even if they will come back, at that point it was an emotional moment for millions, and absolutely shocking, even if you do know they'll end up being back.

I myself have never touched a Marvel comic till date, and my all information about these characters is from Google and stuff. And there are millions who don't even do that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Will never understand why anyone would ever want a 'loud' crowd during the film. Have never had one over here and it would just ruin the film for me.

Top craziest crowds I’ve ever been - and I absolutely love that:

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Spider-Man: No Way Home

3. Captain America: Civil War

4. The Avengers

5. Black Panther

6. The Dark Knight

7. Spider-Man

If you don’t understand this, I don’t know what to say to you:

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It's an experience of cinema.

Especially in my country, movies are not just watched, but celebrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Way Home is one of the worst movies from Marvel. I'm surprised how people could be so blind by all those nostalgia. It was horrible movie that didn't even feel like a movie. It tells no story with no real character with no emotion weight (other than blindly emotional just because woohoo three spidermans on the same screen melikey).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's an experience of cinema.

Especially in my country, movies are not just watched, but celebrated.

Anything that takes me out of the film is a net detriment to the experience on first watch for me. If peeps started screaming while the film is playing, I would simply stop showing up to theaters. Am glad to have quiet audiences here, honestly.

Edited by JustLurking

2 minutes ago, GipJo said:

No Way Home is one of the worst movies from Marvel. I'm surprised how people could be so blind by all those nostalgia. It was horrible movie that didn't even feel like a movie. It tells no story with no real character with no emotion weight (other than blindly emotional just because woohoo three spidermans on the same screen melikey).

People weren't blinded by nostalgia just because we liked it more than you lmao.