Eric Furiosa

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

2 minutes ago, XXR It's 2 Damn Cold Out said:

Sorry I meant 574-580 :sparta:

Honestly, my range is still like $480-$580, too much uncertainty over next 2 weeks 

Think we’ll have a much better idea by that first week in January, when it’s really all about legs and the questions around backloading, holidays, weather, etc are answered 

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Honestly, my range is still like $480-$580, too much uncertainty over next 2 weeks 

Think we’ll have a much better idea by that first week in January, when it’s really all about legs and the questions around backloading, holidays, weather, etc are answered 

Yea that's a fair range even now. I've got it at $251M after this weekend + $99M (Dec. 26-29) + $47M 3rd WE. R1 made $107M post 3rd WE and NWH made $183M. A2 will almost certainly fall in that range and the average of $145M seems like a good target.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Has anyone noticed Violent Night is already on digital? WTAF. Couldn’t even wait until after the holidays?

Yeah it's absurd. Universal also cut deep into Ticket to Paradise's legs when it was settling in for a 90M+ run. 

20 minutes ago, wboxoffice said:

puss in boots 2 thursday $2,902,605 (-9%)

I guess we're looking at a situation with about half of what Sing 2 made over it's opening 5 day last year.

I know this is impacted by the storm, but, Wednesday numbers weren't great either, and doesn't have that excuse.

If audiences are this indifferent to it opening weekend, I can't see it legging out as well either. There's going to be nothing really geared for young families for months.

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Has anyone noticed Violent Night is already on digital? WTAF. Couldn’t even wait until after the holidays?

Nobody is watching a Christmas movie after Christmas so they had to capitalise on the week leading to Christmas.

I remember a time when Christmas movies would come out in cinemas and wouldn't be available to buy on DVD until the following Christmas next year.

Also looks like Puss in Boots is most definitely only getting a 17 Day window. Will be online in 4K months before it hits UK Cinemas. 

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I can't believe I just shat that out almost 4 years ago 😆

140/560 is also exactly 4x lol

You know what's funny? Not knowing yours, I put out the exact same numbers - $18/140/560 - over a month ago (I've tried to find where, but can't)

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, XXR It's 2 Damn Cold Out said:

Yea that's a fair range even now. I've got it at $251M after this weekend + $99M (Dec. 26-29) + $47M 3rd WE. R1 made $107M post 3rd WE and NWH made $183M. A2 will almost certainly fall in that range and the average of $145M seems like a good target.

Wouldn't 99m weekdays followed by a 47m 3rd weekend be rather odd?

Rogue One made about 89m from 26-29, so that would be 10 million more for Avatar 2, but for the weekend you would have Rogue One ahead by 1m again, as it made 48m. Surely if Avatar was that far ahead over the weekdays, it should easily make 50m+ over the 3rd weekend.

• Like 1