Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

All I'll say is Netflix is the McDonald's of entertainment. Lowest common denominator quality stuff. Streaming in general is the fast food of entertainment, but Netflix and Disney+ are the worst.

There can be only one McDonalds of streaming. 

Fast food restaurants and their version of streaming. Let's list them.

$40,8m canadian Dollar equals $30m US.

Let's just hope that this childish messing around with numbers at least brings this kind of joy as a christmas gift.

That would be an epic recovery in a pretty dark environment our beloved business is these days.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

I mean, it can't be 40.8M (also Charlie never give this somewhat exact numbers in his estimatives) 

The logical would be 40.8 - 14.5 of the joke for a 26.3M but he said it's not this number (and it doesn't match with the trackers are seeing) 

And i can't think anything beyond that, maybe Cameron bought 10M on tickets lol

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

If this movie really had a -45% second weekend drop with CE on a Sat and major storms across the county, then seriously A1 WOM is happening and goodbye TGMs 2022 DOM title. But really though, that underestimation from Disney can’t be possible???

I can buy a 10 million underestimation  for the "avatar explodes on christmas" headlines but 20 million?

Just now, Poseidon said:

40,8m canadian Dollar equals $30m US.

Let's just hope that this childish messing around with numbers at least brings this kind of joy as a christmas gift.

That would be an epic recovery in a pretty dark environment.

Yeah i think you cracked it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

40,8m canadian Dollar equals $30m US.

That would be an epic recovery in a pretty dark environment.

Yeah this feels right, in line with what other thread regulars were alluding to, and is an excellent number if it pans out. Penciling in a $64.5m 3-day and $97-98m 4-day, I guess?

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

$40,8m canadian Dollar equals $30m US.

That would be an epic recovery in a pretty dark environment our beloved business is these days.

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

its that

go back to the original post he edited it

@charlie Jatinder

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dragoncaine said:

Yeah this feels right, in line with what other thread regulars were alluding to, and is an excellent number if it pans out. Penciling in a $64.5m 3-day and $97-98m 4-day, I guess?

That would be great.