Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, LinksterAC said:

Great chart!

Maybe it's because of the winter weather & the smaller first day, but this just makes me feel like A2 is going to out-leg R1 by a country mile.

Well I mean it's already heading for a much better multiplier than Rogue One, that's guaranteed. If it continues grossing essentially the same dollar amount as Rogue One on a daily basis, it finishes at $508M and that's a 3.8 multiplier. Rogue One had a 3.4 multiplier from a larger opening weekend.

3.8 multiplier is similar to Force Awakens. Of course TFA's multiplier is insane given the nearly $250M opening weekend. I am curious to see if Avatar 2 can start creating enough separation from Rogue One's daily gross to pull off a 4.5 multiplier, which would be $600M total. So far it has not shown this tendency, but we shall see where it goes! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Well I mean it's already heading for a much better multiplier than Rogue One, that's guaranteed. If it continues grossing essentially the same dollar amount as Rogue One on a daily basis, it finishes at $508M and that's a 3.8 multiplier. Rogue One had a 3.4 multiplier from a larger opening weekend.

3.8 multiplier is similar to Force Awakens. Of course TFA's multiplier is insane given the nearly $250M opening weekend. I am curious to see if Avatar 2 can start creating enough separation from Rogue One's daily gross to pull off a 4.5 multiplier, which would be $600M total. So far it has not shown this tendency, but we shall see where it goes! 

I'll be watching this week closely just for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I disagree. Storms and overall job, pandemic and  money woes hurt all the movie's. I think in a better year with and decent weather A2 would have gotten both crowns again Red.

.OS as long as quality is there, this franchise internationally is unbeatable. 

Also the best part of the story is in 3. Should be interesting to see what A3 makes. Obviously the break hurt a bit too. Rem 13 yrs my brother. This film has.ignited the Pandora fire again my brother, so a James Cameron sequel increase is likely. I'm just happy after 13 years Cameron still has it and we just have to wait 2 yrs for part 3.

I'm not sure about that... The vfx card and nostalgia card were both played here. The film did much worse with top critics than the first one on RT. As we have seen with Star Wars and Jurrasic world there was a decline in the following films. If the story doesn't hold up for 3 ( which was a major flaw for both films based on reviews.) we could potentially see Drops in both DOM and OS-C

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

How come yesterday's number was never confirmed? 

With Xmas on a Sunday, today was a day off for many businesses. We'll get actuals tomorrow (Tuesday).

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

How come yesterday's number was never confirmed? Also was a guesstimate posted for today? 

Reporting will probably be ests only until next tues because of the holiday.  

Nothing from purple users yet but it look like about 30-32 from @Menor Reborn tracking and deadline is saying 32ish which Jat didn’t dispute

• Like 2

It will likely follow RO till Jan 2nd and after that will start making gains, especially around mid-January when RO slowed down for Split and couple of other releases. Unless we see something special with late legs, US would likely end up around $600-650M for around 45M admits. That's an ordinary performance, nothing remarkable/special.

XMAS releases admits recently

2015 - TFA 85M

2016 - RO 48M and Sing 32M

2017 - TLJ 56M and Jumanji 42M
2018 - Aquaman 31M and Spider Verse 20M

2019 - TRoS 46M and Jumanji 2 34M

2021 - NWH 70M

2022 - Avatar 2 43-46M

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It will likely follow RO till Jan 2nd and after that will start making gains, especially around mid-January when RO slowed down for Split and couple of other releases. Unless we see something special with late legs, US would likely end up around $600-650M for around 45M admits. That's an ordinary performance, nothing remarkable/special.

XMAS releases admits recently

2015 - TFA 85M

2016 - RO 48M and Sing 32M

2017 - TLJ 56M and Jumanji 42M
2018 - Aquaman 31M and Spider Verse 20M

2019 - TRoS 46M and Jumanji 2 34M

2021 - NWH 70M

2022 - Avatar 2 43-46M

Would need huge Jan gains to hit 600if it follows RO til the 2nd — let alone 650

• Sad 1