XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

3 hours ago, Letsuseournoggin said:

I haven’t posted in YEARS, but Avatar brought me back to the forums. Cool to see so many of the old vets still posting here and there (baumer, Noctis, Kal, redfirebird, etc.), while seeing so many new folks. I’ve no clue if anyone even remembers who I am 😂 

Anywho, this A2 run started off a bit vanilla, but has gotten really fun to watch recently. So much so, that I reset my password after half a decade or something to join in on the fun.

Hoping for a 60M+ weekend! Seems like an attainable 3rd weekend which would be rather amazing given its somewhat underwhelming OW. 

Lol. We actually joined 3 days apart back in 2011 XD

Wonder what BO run inspired our joining....

Always been more of a lurker tho.

3 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

oh fuck. Big drop on SAT & SUN confirmed!

Definitely. This is the first normal New Year we're having in years without any major restrictions or variants. The frenzy of it all will likely cause big drops this weekend, which is why I'm not banking on Avatar 2 outright increasing from last weekend. A single digit drop is pretty much locked though.

1 hour ago, Wafflecakes said:

Lol. We actually joined 3 days apart back in 2011 XD

Wonder what BO run inspired our joining....

Always been more of a lurker tho.

Oh wow, that’s so cool! 

I was a lurker for years and finally joined in anticipation of 2012’s TDKR, which, at the time, was my most anticipated movie ever since I was enamored with TDK, both as a movie and its BO run years prior (as a Mojo lurker 👀). 

What run pushed you to join? 

Edited by Letsuseournoggin

28 minutes ago, Letsuseournoggin said:

Oh wow, that’s so cool! 

I was a lurker for years and finally joined in anticipation of 2012’s TDKR, which, at the time, was my most anticipated movie ever since I was enamored with TDK, both as a movie and it’s BO run years prior (as a Mojo lurker 👀). 

What run pushed you to join? 

Honestly no idea. Looked at my post history and I didn't really post at all when I was new.

Looked at the release schedule and nothing interesting was happening. 

I might have been lurking earlier in the year for Harry Potter and just didn't get around to joining until November. I had been following BO casually for a long time, but mostly on gaming forums. Someone there must have been referencing this place.

EDIT: Oh. Looks like most of the long time members joined that month. Might have been right after BoM collapsed or something?

Edited by Wafflecakes

58 minutes ago, Elessar said:

If it increases this weekend i'll start to believe in $600m.

I'm assuming you currently think that as A2 has followed R1 through the holidays it will do the same after? Rogue 1's drop off after the holidays was extremely sharp, so sharp that you have to give a reason why you think Avatar 2 will do the same. It shouldn't be expected to follow R1

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wafflecakes said:

Honestly no idea. Looked at my post history and I didn't really post at all when I was new.

Looked at the release schedule and nothing interesting was happening. 

I might have been lurking earlier in the year for Harry Potter and just didn't get around to joining until November. I had been following BO casually for a long time, but mostly on gaming forums. Someone there must have been referencing this place.

EDIT: Oh. Looks like most of the long time members joined that month. Might have been right after BoM collapsed or something?

Yes, BOT was born in Nov 2011.

• Like 1