Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

5 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Copy and pasting this from the weekly thread to this one.

My prediction for PiB weekend 4 3-day. I tried to factor in football days so I gave smaller boosts and larger drops for Saturday and Sunday when compared to my comps (TGS, Sing 2, Jumanji WTTJ).

Friday: $2.475M (+130%)

Saturday: $3.836M (+55%)

Sunday: $2.877M (-25%)

3-day total: $9.188M (-32.1%)

Domestic total: $102.158M

Is it too conservative? Is it too bullish? Idk lemme know please. As seen from my dailies goals and predictions I tend to sandbag them as Jason Blum calls it.

Too conservative IMO. Weekdays have been so high that a smaller Fri bump is quite possible, but Sat & Sun should play more normal. Thinking ~4.5x Fri for the 3-day 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Also, history being made here. For the first time in history, Deadline made accurate estimates. Did they hire any BOT members recently?

Nathan Fillion No GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, Legion in Boots said:

Those are 3day though

For 4 I would multiply av by 1.26, m3g 1.16, rest 1.18ish

Thans Legion. Do you think M3GAN will drop like a stone after this weekend when it goes onto PVOD and only do say 5M next weekend or hold better than that?

20 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Thans Legion. Do you think M3GAN will drop like a stone after this weekend when it goes onto PVOD and only do say 5M next weekend or hold better than that?

Wom seems okay, competition won't be much, and pvor often has fairly small impact. On the other hand this wknd will have inflated Fri and sun and still not holding too great. I would guess something like 8 next wknd then 5ish the one after (first on pvod)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It has limited release. Saw it at PC in London. Tbh I don't get the hype, I didn't like it at all. I'll watch M3gan for the second time, that was fun.

It must be extremely limited, as I can only see two locations showing it, that one in London and one in Birmingham. 

The Shudder exclusives tend to have crap release strategies here. Even the UK version of Shudder has like a tenth of the content.