kayumanggi

Weekend Thread (02.24 - 02.26) | Actuals: 31.96M QUANTUMANIA | 23.26M COCAINE BEAR | 15.80M JESUS REVOLUTION

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Bigger drop than BvS

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

im a pessimist so I can still see this disappointing us all and doing 33 million which would then be spun as a victory

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

im a pessimist so I can still see this disappointing us all and doing 33 million which would then be spun as a victory

Every day has somehow been more disappointing than the last with regards to expected numbers. I can see this doing better than 7.8m on Friday and post a low 8 simply because studios always lowball but then tank on Saturday (~13) and Sunday (~8) for a $29m weekend.

While no cinema classic, Cocaine Bear is a wildly entertaining movie. I caught a 2:00pm showing today and the crowd was larger than I expected as my showing was about 35% full. The bear carnage is great and frankly, the film needed more of it. Definitely a fun movie to see with a large crowd as you're rooting for the bear the entire time.

Also, it's already setting records for me as there were FOUR red band trailers playing before it. I have never seen more than one red band trailer before a single movie. Maybe Hollywood is serious again about attracting adult audiences. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Every day has somehow been more disappointing than the last with regards to expected numbers. I can see this doing better than 7.8m on Friday and post a low 8 simply because studios always lowball but then tank on Saturday (~13) and Sunday (~8) for a $29m weekend.

you have both your fathers optimism 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Alright lads time to bet on what the Monday announcement from Marvel to distract from Ant-Man's drop will be, what are we thinking? I'm still going with a Doctor Strange 3 confirmation.

if 2nd weekend is as projected a historic drop and they do put out some counter news it will probably be something big like Spiderman 4 2025 date or something like that.

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

Under a 100% jump for Puss in Boots is weird, maybe it just had some abnormally strong weekdays

It was school holidays in some parts of the country hence boosted weekdays and weaker jump, same thing happened to sing 2 last year 

• Like 1

No joke, we just had an earthquake in south wales where I live in the U.K.  Frightened the life out of me. Midnight and the whole house shook. 4.2 on the scale apparently. Does not happen here. 

then I saw what was happening to Ant-Man’s legs and can only assume he was in Giant Man form before that deadline estimate just hit.  Ant-Man just caused this earthquake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Good lord at that drop, no way to spin that as a positive. Gotta get rid of the crappy writers in the MCU to start. 

Maybe they can hire ChatAI to write the scripts. From some of the recent writing from Phase 4-5, no one will tell the difference.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1