Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/17-19 | Weekend Est. - Shazam II $30.5M, Scream VI $17.5M, Creed III $15.4M, LXV $5.8M, #AintMan $4.1M

46 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

This is the last weekend Avatar 2 stay within top 10 after 14 weeks, the PTA is so much higher than PIB2 and on par with other newer releases. 

I still think a huge Earth Day re-expansion into a ton of 3D/PLF is the way to go. Maybe 700 could still even happen if it gets a few more weeks in imax after that since there isn’t anything in mid April to early May. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The fact that it won’t beat it is what makes it atrocious. There’s 8 years of inflation involved too. 

(I also don’t see it getting to 480 lol)

You forgot about exchange rate. am 3 wasnt released in russia. am3 already beat am1 in the usa, and still have chance to win internationally minus china and russia.

16 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

You forgot about exchange rate. am 3 wasnt released in russia. am3 already beat am1 in the usa, and still have chance to win internationally minus china and russia.

Why would you be deducting China though? Quantumania opened there. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why would you be deducting China though? Quantumania opened there. 

My point is that am3 will make as much money internationally minus china and russia as am1. if we remember about exchange rate and covid it's not bad result. am3 flopping in china is another thing. 

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I still think a huge Earth Day re-expansion into a ton of 3D/PLF is the way to go. Maybe 700 could still even happen if it gets a few more weeks in imax after that since there isn’t anything in mid April to early May. 

I miss the old-fashioned Disney-style of re-expansion toward the end of the run like what they did to Pixar movie over the summer. WW and JW received similar wide re-expansion too. I hope A2 can one before closing the run by digital release on Mar 28 make me less confident about this expansion release. 

And before people talk about cultural impact, the most cultural irrelevant movie just made $2.3bn. 

3 hours ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

I mean, it doesn’t affect the DCU… but there are still 3 more lame duck projects coming before the reboot! If you feel that that affected this one then it can reasonably be expected to affect the next 3 dc movies since they’re DCEU.

The Flash might do ok because it's viewed as part of said reboot whereas the others are dead.  Aquaman 2 won't do anywhere near the $1.1B of its predecessor. It might not even do half of that. 

By the way, if these CBM flops do force studios to get a little more creative and we see more straight action movies like Top Gun: Maverick then I am all for it..  

Most comic book movies are using a very tired formula.  I only get interested now if it's a comic book movie that is aspiring to be another genre (see: The Batman ) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Gitesh tweeted a few hours ago, $40m international and $116m worldwide. 

No idea what the weekend number was though. 

It opened with 22Minternationally. Is it possible it did 18M Mon-Sun? This is perfect!