interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

https://deadline.com/2023/03/box-office-john-wick-chapter-4-keanu-reeves-1235309015/

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
john wick 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Wow, is this the biggest overindex we've seen so far? I know the final number is 7 or so hours away, but Deadline's report sounds pretty confident. I wonder if this'll be a trend over the weekend. $70M might not be locked if so.

I still feel pretty good about 70 million, but it it barely misses it there's a possibility it might have sold less tickets than 3 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Creed 3 increasing from Creed 2, Scream 6 increasing from Scream 5, John Wick 4 increasing from John Wick 3. 

Don't forget Shazam! 2 increasing from.... Oh, wait.

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

As a lot of people have said, just remember the insane fact that way back in September 2014 (The deadest month for movies), John Wick 1 opened at 14.4 unadjusted and finished at 86 million worldwide. John Wick 4 might end up making close to that worldwide figure for John Wick 1 from just domestic OW alone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mulder said:

As a lot of people have said, just remember the insane fact that way back in September 2014 (The deadest month for movies), John Wick 1 opened at 14.4 unadjusted and finished at 86 million worldwide. John Wick 4 might end up making close to that worldwide figure for John Wick 1 from just domestic OW alone.

Interesting thing is that the first JW came out against Donnie Yen's Kungfu Killer on the same weekend. Kungfu Killer handily beat it in Asia.

9 yrs later; Donnie Yen is in JW4. 

Reminds me of how Donnie Yen's Ip Man 3 came out against Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and next thing we know - he is in Rogue One.

When you cannot beat him, ask him to join your franchise. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

hmm. I want more and i want it to make over 200M. We have so few movies in the 200M range these days

I'm also weirdly obsessive about the lack of $200M films. Last year it was all $300M+ or in the $150M range. Prepandemic, it was happening as well.

A good $200-300M blockbuster is great. It keeps the theatres busy without completely overrunning them and driving out everything else.