Eric the Minion

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

I have to eat crow and admit I severely underestimated Super Mario. I think I was swayed by my friend/family circle who was not anticipating the movie at all. Additionally, at least personally on my social media, I wasn't feeling the hype levels.

At this point I'm excited to see how high it can go. What's the ceiling??

Edited by AGlitchGnome
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

god i love box office

Another prime example people love big screen, because SIZE MATTERS, and SIZE ALAWAYS MATTERS. 

From deadline, "People DO GO to the movie. They don’t just watch movies at home."

34 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So:

31.70M Wednesday

26.57M Thursday

59.00M Friday

???M Saturday

???M Sunday

Isn't 200M possible with such numbers?

$200M is locked with those numbers.

Let’s say Friday is 58. A 5% drop on Saturday is 55, then a 47% drop on Sunday is 29. That still gets us to 200.2.

And odds are it won’t drop 47% on Sunday.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MattW said:

Furious 7 did 51.6 Friday then 46.6 Sat. I think Saturday will be down just a bit from Friday for Mario as well.

Mario’s more family-oriented. F&F movies usually don’t have “family movie Saturday bumps” which will offset some of that drop for Mario. 

• Like 1

Holy shit :ohmygod:

This reminds me a lot of the JW Opening Weekend, where estimates also just kept on rising and @RthMav jeezed his pants numerous times!

This thing is going over 600M DOM easily. 700M is certainly in play at the pace of its current momentum.

• Like 3

Considering I have been dog piled on by certain members here since the holidays for saying things like: A2 will have insane multi, hit 700 DOM (slightly missed the mark), AM3 will do between 1 and 2, Shazam will be an all time superhero bomb, AND Mario will destroy everything in 2023 DOM and WW….

Yeah, feeling like some really need to be listening to me a bit more at this point. 😉

Next up: Barbie wins the summer DOM IF the movie gets great reception (85% sure it will rn). 

• Like 2