Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Maybe Feb 2025? Worked for the first movie.

I dunno, they gotta do what they gotta do. If it can't be ethically finished in time, then it needs to be delayed.

Lordt it could be a train wreck for them next year with no DP3. They will have to hope the strike hits the other studios just as bad. 

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Where exactly is DP3 going to go? They are setting themselves up for a potential epic disaster of a summer next year if DP3 isn’t summer. That’s a whole lot riding in IO2. 

Maybe having it switch dates with Captain America 4 is doable? 

Marvel studios are infamous for their large re-shoots and on-set rewrites,  cap 4 probably needs a lot of re-shoots especially since they couldn't do any re-writes during filming. it'll be lucky if it makes it's June date unless they're willing to put out a potentially very messy film 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I gotta say, I'm exhausted by this. I'm tired of hearing from the writers who get job after job after job. Are media outlets purposefully trying to get the 1% of well-off writers and actors to say stupid shit to make the unions look bad?

yeah lindeloff is not the person we should be hearing from considering what a POS he was recently exposed as

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kon said:

The fact that the WGA wants to evaluate this counterproposal and mantain privacy makes me think this contract doesn't sound so bad.

Well they’ve had 100 days to come up with a proposal so you would hope it’s decent. 

• Like 1

Hey, I'll take any progress I can get. Perhaps there is hope for these strikes to be settled this year after all.

As for Disney's 2024 slate, since The Marvels seems to be committing to its current November slot, my guess is Marvel will bow out of early May this year while Disney places Snow White there instead. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Deadpool 3 move to Thunderbolts's current slot and be the sole Marvel release for next year. Maybe they might move Cap 4 back to its original May 2024 slot, but considering the likelihood of it needing reshoots to smooth out the strike-stricken principal photography, I don't see it happening.

29 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Hey, I'll take any progress I can get. Perhaps there is hope for these strikes to be settled this year after all.

As for Disney's 2024 slate, since The Marvels seems to be committing to its current November slot, my guess is Marvel will bow out of early May this year while Disney places Snow White there instead. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Deadpool 3 move to Thunderbolts's current slot and be the sole Marvel release for next year. Maybe they might move Cap 4 back to its original May 2024 slot, but considering the likelihood of it needing reshoots to smooth out the strike-stricken principal photography, I don't see it happening.

Both Cap 4 and Deadpool 3 will have reshoots so Cap 4 is the most likely 2024 MCU release because it has at least completed principal photography. I don't see a scenario where Deadpool 3 gets released next year and Cap 4 doesn't.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

Maybe Feb 2025? Worked for the first movie.

I dunno, they gotta do what they gotta do. If it can't be ethically finished in time, then it needs to be delayed.

I can't see any scenario where it's delayed past Thunderbolts, which hasn't begun filming at all.

• Like 1