Eric is Quiet

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

32 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

What did he do 

some claimed LOST was a toxic work environment and borderline racist , though i doubt it was hardly out of the norm for the time , some people should not be in leadership positions , i think its more what he didn't do than what he did

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

some claimed LOST was a toxic work environment and borderline racist , though i doubt it was hardly out of the norm for the time , some people should not be in leadership positions , i think its more what he didn't do than what he did

He should probably keep his mouth shut when he is out their picketing because his lack of self awareness is stunning and it shows he may not have learned anything. 

• Like 1

Wow. Considering he got praise for black characters on watchmen I’m shocked yet not shocked cause isn’t it always the liberals who virtue signal the loudest who are the monsters they preach against. Shades of Joss Whedon.

11 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

Marvel studios are infamous for their large re-shoots and on-set rewrites,  cap 4 probably needs a lot of re-shoots especially since they couldn't do any re-writes during filming. it'll be lucky if it makes it's June date unless they're willing to put out a potentially very messy film 

It's dated for July, not June. And again, so long as the strike doesn't last till into next year, they still have plenty of time for any reshoots they need to do.

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

A. It wasn't borderline racist, it was flat out racist.

B. Other people in Hollywood being racist and awful doesn't excuse the Lost producers being racist and awful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's dated for July, not June. And again, so long as the strike doesn't last till into next year, they still have plenty of time for any reshoots they need to do.

It should be able to make the May 3rd date unless it is another MOM and they need to do 2 months of reshoots or something. 

9 hours ago, JWR said:

Fingers crossed that the deal is making some progress. 

That the details aren't public certainly means it's moving forward. Either it's a serious offer being seriously considered or a negotiation tactic by the WGA. Either way it means it's not just "Would you accept....nothing?" like before.

33 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Ngl I don’t like the idea of returning to 20-episode seasons outside of sitcoms and procedural shows. I feel like complaints about “filler” are overblown sometimes, but some stories just get dragged out way too long. I think 13-16 is better, as well as the occasional 6-episode miniseries.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 1

]`

30 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Yeah no I have no interest in going back to 20 episode seasons where at least 5-6 episodes of "world building" are pointless filler episodes. No thank you 10-13 episodes is plenty.

I also have ZERO interest in commercials ever and IDK anyone that likes commercials except for when watching the Super Bowl.

We do not need to go back to shows with 20 episode seasons. 13 episodes should be the absolute limit. 

It sure would be nice if physical media made a comeback though. It’s the safest way of ensuring that a show or movie doesn’t become lost media. Plus, the bonus features are always nice. 

it's clear Giennefer's opinion is not shared much, I'd say she's suggesting a little too much. Both sides are gonna have to lose something it just is what it is. That's how negotiations work.

Also Netflix not being able to lose Stranger Things makes sense. The kids in the cast clearly were signed to YA contracts so they need to wrap the show up before they come of age and the YA contracts are voided and they'll all need new contracts which will be very expensive for all six kids.

Edited by Cappoedameron

45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

We do not need to go back to shows with 20 episode seasons. 13 episodes should be the absolute limit. 

It sure would be nice if physical media made a comeback though. It’s the safest way of ensuring that a show or movie doesn’t become lost media. Plus, the bonus features are always nice. 

Some shows can sustain 20+ episodes especially if it's a procedural. Despite people looking down on them, they're very much in demand and indeed on an AVOD platform, something like NCIS would be a big moneymaker. 

I do think to be realistic, people won't abandon streaming in favour of physical media and companies won't either. 

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Some shows can sustain 20+ episodes especially if it's a procedural. Despite people looking down on them, they're very much in demand and indeed on an AVOD platform, something like NCIS would be a big moneymaker. 

I do think to be realistic, people won't abandon streaming in favour of physical media and companies won't either. 

It’s one thing to do 20 episode seasons for episodic shows like crime procedurals and sitcoms, but not for serialized storytelling. That’s overkill.

Edited by WittyUsername

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s one thing to do 20 episode seasons for episodic shows like crime procedurals and sitcoms, but not for serialized storytelling. That’s overkill.

I agree with serialised shows, 10-13 episodes should be the the maximum.