keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (4/17-20)

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Going with 60-64 as my 3rd weekend range after Monday #. Wouldn’t be shocked either if it goes higher though. Weekend holds for it these next two weeks especially are gonna be bonkers. 

On Sunday morning, I was thinking $50M.

Then Monday morning, I was thinking $55M.

Now I’m thinking $60M.

• Like 1

I don't think Mario is gonna have a 250% jump this Friday like Sonic (If it did we'd be looking at an 80M floor this weekend lol), but I do think it will have a similar hold to Beauty and the Beast's post-post Easter weekend of around -30%. It had a similar 70% week-to-week drop from it's Easter Monday (Mario's was -71%), so it is reasonable to see it do similar numbers. It's also consistent with The Jungle Book's 3rd weekend drop which fell 29%. That gives it a 64-65M weekend, though I can see it dropping a little lower, as Beauty and the Beast was late in its run and that Thursday was higher than its Monday. The Jungle Book's 3rd Friday increase of 175% was also lower than its second which jumped 195%, so it might be unreasonable to expect Mario to jump 175% this Friday which is what it will need to get into the mid 60s. I'm thinking low 60s maybe 61-62M this weekend at this point, though last weekend did better than my best case scenario outlook so who knows. 

• Like 9

So, I watched DnD tonight...and I get the box office.  I'm sorry...it's the worst thing I've seen in theaters this year.  Now, (since I missed Ant Man 3), that doesn't make it a bad movie, but it's not really a good one.  It was the most try hard unfunny movie I've watched in awhile.  The trailer scene at the graveyard, and everything there, was the funniest part of the movie...but that was about it.  Since I know one user thinks I have "questionable opinions" on films (while I see myself as more GA), take this feedback for what it's worth:)...

That said, only my youngest agreed with me, while my hardcore DnD family players (the other 4) all liked it to liked it a lot.  

They are hardcore - I roleplay b/c my spouse got me into it, and I enjoy the friends and fun.  And maybe that's what this movie was missing - more fun.

Grades 

Me - C/C- - it had some redeemable parts, so I won't go lower, but I was checking my watch...

Spouse - B+ - finally had the game movie he liked, even though he said it was a "popcorn only" movie

Oldest - B+

2nd - B+ - she loved it, but said it was a beat for bear remake of GOTG Telltale game - I never played it, so I have no idea, but she said it's a straight rip off

3rd - B+

4th - B- (which is a low grade from him)...

So, even from those who like it, it's not full love, and that explains why it couldn't get traction where it was...hard to pay full price when there's a lot of like, some dislike, and no full love on a product that has both the promise and the baggage of the game.  Especially with Mario around.

Gonna post this to the movie thread, too...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Saying DND is worse than Mario is definitely a sign of questionable taste. You’re probably not GA either since you spend more time thinking about movies than the GA does. Kind of takes you out of the running. But hey own that bad taste.

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Knock It Off 6

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Saying DND is worse than Mario is definitely a sign of questionable taste. You’re probably not GA either since you spend more time thinking about movies than the GA does. Kind of takes you out of the running. But hey own that bad taste.

See, now a 2nd user doesn't like my movie taste.  I might have started a trend last week:).

Or everyone will watch DnD on streaming in a few months and wonder what the heck they found funny and redeeming the 1st time:).  

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Or everyone will watch DnD on streaming in a few months and wonder what the heck they found funny and redeeming the 1st time:).  

sometimes it’s okay to say you don’t like a movie everyone else likes without it needing to be a broader point about something 

Edited by ringedmortality

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

I mean it's her opinion. Just because she enjoyed Super Mario over Dungeons n Dragons doesn't make her taste questionable. 

Edited by Starrow5722
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Starrow5722 said:

I mean it's his opinion. Just because he enjoyed Super Mario over Dungeons n Dragons doesn't make his taste questionable. Just means he's in the minority.

Except they aren't in thr minority. You guys do realize Mario has a higher cinemascore right? 

• Like 5

Man, who knew that the board was so serious tonight (and thanks to those defending me - it's actually quite nice:).

Note to self - don't joke on Tuesday nights.  

2nd note to self - and definitely don't joke about fan material topics.

3rd note to self - and don't write out your personal self help notes - that's as lame as the movie explaining the rules of the game (why was Clue so great - show, don't tell - it understood that rule for game-based material:)... 

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1