filmlover

CinemaCon 2023: 4/24-27

My expectations:

Release dates for Bad Boys 4, The Crow, Here, and Beautiful

Clips/new trailer for Spiderverse, Gran Turismo

Audience exclusive preview for Madame Web and Kraven the Hunter

New date for Harold and Purple Crayon as I'm pretty sure that's not actually coming out this summer

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

With the threat of a WGA strike less than a week from now looking more likely than not, I imagine the studios will most likely just focus on stuff that they already have in the can/likely to make its date this year vs. any big announcements. Maybe they'll show off something from Ghostbusters if they have anything from it (it's currently set to release around Christmas but filming began just last month) but I'm not expecting more than a sizzle reel of movies for stuff past this summer. Same with WB and their big fourth quarter slate (Dune 2, Wonka, Aquaman 2, The Color Purple).

I can't imagine Ghostbusters releasing this year, I think Spring or Summer 2024 is more likely. May 31st would work as it's currently empty.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AniNate said:

My expectations:

Release dates for Bad Boys 4, The Crow, Here, and Beautiful

Clips/new trailer for Spiderverse, Gran Turismo

Audience exclusive preview for Madame Web and Kraven the Hunter

New date for Harold and Purple Crayon as I'm pretty sure that's not actually coming out this summer

We should get something on Bad Boys 4. I believe filming started on that earlier this month. Agreed on Spiderverse and Gran Turismo.

Perhaps an extended preview of No Hard Feelings.

I wonder if there's anything on Book of Clarence, Equalizer 3, or Dumb Money. Hard to imagine all three of those stay in 2023

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

With the threat of a WGA strike less than a week from now looking more likely than not, I imagine the studios will most likely just focus on stuff that they already have in the can/likely to make its date this year vs. any big announcements. Maybe they'll show off something from Ghostbusters if they have anything from it (it's currently set to release around Christmas but filming began just last month) but I'm not expecting more than a sizzle reel of movies for stuff past this summer. Same with WB and their big fourth quarter slate (Dune 2, Wonka, Aquaman 2, The Color Purple).

...a strike would have no affect on announcing new projects or showing stuff from things coming this year, especially since the convention will be over before the deadline for the strike anyways

I assume what he meant was they probably won't be announcing any new projects that aren't even at the production stage yet. There's little guarantee those would meet any possible release date they put on them.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I assume what he meant was they probably won't be announcing any new projects that aren't even at the production stage yet. There's little guarantee those would meet any possible release date they put on them.

This.

Everything currently in post is unlikely to be affected if the strike were to go ahead. Everything else though...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maggie said:

What should we expect from Sony today?

what I’m expecting: 

Extended looks at their summer movies including: Spiderverse, Insidious, and No Hard Feelings 

First teaser/trailer for Gran Turismo

Preview/exclusive looks at Kraven The Hunter, The Equalizer 3, and Ghostbusters sequel. 

Im not even gonna try to guess what unannounced titles they might give or what films they might push back. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

All the unannounced ones I mentioned are already in production, and I assume Here and Beautiful are gonna be their Oscar pushes this year

Beautiful hasn't begun filming yet (and doesn't appear to be in the foreseeable future since there's been no news since Daisy Edgar-Jones was cast and she's now busy with the Twister sequel).

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I can't imagine Ghostbusters releasing this year, I think Spring or Summer 2024 is more likely. May 31st would work as it's currently empty.

I can see it taking Garfield’s spot and Garfield moving to Holiday 2024.