Eric is Anxious

THE LITTLE MERMAID WEEKEND THREAD

Just now, Cap said:

This entire thread this weekend:

The true event of memorial day weekend is airing in 15 minutes. Godspeed, all. 

2 hours of entertainment between the 90 minute finale and the half hour barry finale afterwards

I'll be simple and direct:

1) People vote with their wallets. For The Little Mermaid and any film. 

2) This is business 101. Either audiences get a ticket or not.

3) Why are the overseas numbers ( and perhaps even the domestic number ) disappointing? You can always have arguments and point fingers at grave problems like racism / sexism and so on, BUT points 1 and 2 are the only things that truly matter in a box office discussion. I know the world isn't fair, but things are what they are. 

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, G Doss said:

Disney has been a disaster since Iger bought Fox studios.

It was already trending in that direction, though. Marvel Comics has become a hyperpolitical joke since Disney bought it. The publishing material the last 7-8 years is abysmal. Now the movies are forced to wade in that sewer for inspiration and we get bomb after bomb.

It was Iger who installed Kathleen Kennedy at LucasFilm. She has run Star Wars into the ground, the new Indy is being panned, and Willow couldn't even find a place on Disney+.

He torpedoed John Lassiter at Pixar and it's a shadow of itself, plus Disney animation has become rudderless again. 

Then Iger turned the company into a radical leftwing propaganda arm that turned off half the country. He bought Fox to find properties that appeal to boys and men and all we got was gender and race ideology. Now that entire demographic that Disney attacked has forever turned its back on them.

What did he do well, exactly?

I'm going to guess this is BKB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Prince Eric said:

Sadly no. Seems like a totally new poster. But I very much doubt they will last long on this forum at all.

Too true.  I've been amazed at some of the mild toast comments that have gotten me warnings.  I now mostly only lurk.

3 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

It was pretty big online when it released. Always been more of an internet thing.

The first was a cult hit. But it was a massive bomb. The second was the same....but it has a loyal (small) following 

Iger has been a disaster for Disney. Just ask Nelson Peltz. He has destroyed Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Fox.

He spent $71.3 billion and got Avatar out of it. He is in the running for worst acquisition of all time.

• Like 4

Miss when this place was a hidden gem. Almost everyone who's a regular here who's great, but all these new people with letter avatars and like under 500 posts (at best).....lol

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Miss when this place was a hidden gem. Almost everyone who's a regular here who's great, but all these new people with letter avatars and like under 500 posts (at best).....lol

Those frikkin letter avatars man, so lazy 😏

Spoiler

Thankfully dodged the 2nd clause though :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Those frikkin letter avatars man, so lazy 😏

Hide contents

Thankfully dodged the 2nd clause though :sparta:

People like you and a few others is why I didn't say just letter avatars lol

• Haha 1

LOLOLOLOL@ all the people arguing about which CEO is better, as if that has anything to do with a money's box office numbers. That's funny stuff.

Someone said it best (can't find the post now). The overseas box office is SO low that the reason must be very simple. Just not sure what that simple explanation is. But I highly doubt that Asian markets give a rats ass about Disney or Florida politics.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Make BOF Great Again

• Thanks 1

$117m 4-Opening is fine. you people need to chill. sure it didn't make that coveted $100m+ 3-day opening, but there is alot in play for that. it's much more female friendly than most Disney films, it's reviews and WoM, while not awful, is not great either and people seem pretty mixed on weather they like it or not. And how many great Disney live action re-makes have there been? 2 maybe? they are tired of what is being perceived as laziness. I don't think swapping Ariel's race had much impact tbh. and Hailey was great so.