Inceptionzq

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also please let the next one be the last multiverse movie or media ever please.

On the CBM front alone you'll get Deadpool 3 and the remainder of the Kang saga.

Outside of that, there are sure to be EEAAO inspired stories in other genres.

And good? It's a refreshing concept when not done as clumsily as Multiverse of Madness and examples like EEAAO and the end of SV2 allow an often-underutilized actor like Michelle Yeoh or Shameik Moore to flex in the same piece of media. 

To think Yeoh wouldn't be an Oscar winner if not for Spider-Verse. The impact can't be overstated.

Edited by Spidey Freak

To be honest though the cliffhanger is frustrating I think it actually works and build up hype for the finale. Yeah sure people are gonna be upset it ends like that but I actually did not mind the cliffhanger. It just means they're not rushing to the conclusion of the ending of this fantastic trilogy. Also they probably wanna nab 2 oscars in a row for best animated film, lets be honest lol. 

My theater audibly gasped at the cliffhanger but going from the audience score and audience reaction everyone regardless of the cliffhanger things the movie is amazing.

On 6/2/2023 at 7:25 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm ready for less Donald Glover. That part fell completely flat for me... As did the Venom nod. Was having much, much more fun with all the other Spider-People than those two cutaways/brief moments. I'd toss the LEGO in there too as one I could've done without. All the other Spiders were a lot more fun, interesting than those three Easter Eggs/heavy winks.

What Venom nod?!

pretty good. the animation is incredible but the for me the original trumps it in every other department. the ending felt like it went on forever. i clocked that miles was gonna go to the wrong universe as soon as it happened and then the movie takes ages to spell that out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Joel M said:

70s-show-kitty-drinking-alcohol-fniae0t6

i mean she did have the protect trans kids poster in her room. Whether or not she is, I thought the animation for her universe was stunning especially the scene where her father and her reconciled. The way the colors became brighter after they hugged, gorgeous.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Any thoughts on a certain group of undesirables  saying the film is implying Gwen Stacy is a trans woman?

I’d have absolutely no problem with her being trans, BUT I definitely think they’re misreading the film.

I saw one tweet earlier that specifically talked about her “coming out” scene, and while I can see how her being outed to her father for being Spider-Woman might seem like a “coming out” of sorts, It’s 100% just that her father doesn’t approve of her being Spider-Woman. That’s pretty crystal clear, there’s no implication of her being trans.

I can understand and appreciate the allegories that both Gwen and Miles had with their respective admission scenes to bookend their film, while recognizing they are separate from the plot specifics of the film.

I did catch the film a second time tonight, and noticed the “protect trans kids” sign in one shot.

My thought? Good for Gwen for standing up for what she believes are rights that need protecting. The sign shows her general passion and her virtues.

I didn’t think anything more of it, and I doubt the filmmakers thought it warranted more thought.

Anyway, Daniel Pemberton’s score slaps so hard. It’s a breathtaking score, on its own and within the film. All-timer. The music of the first film didn’t stick with me much but the Blade Runner vibes that accompany Miguel and The Spot, with Gwen’s punk-rock mixed in, it deserves year-end nominations.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Joel M said:

There's nothing wrong with fans doing far fetched readings of a movie for shits and giggles. But you also gotta know most movies arent mysteries littered with "clues" and waiting to be solved.

This movie absolutely leaves clues. For example did you know that during Spots first flashback sequence for a brief second you can see Miles Morales from Earth 42, it's clear as day, you can see him from the back with his braids. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joel M said:

There's nothing wrong with fans doing far fetched readings of a movie for shits and giggles. But you also gotta know most movies arent mysteries littered with "clues" and waiting to be solved.

I don't think anyone is calling this a mystery needing to be solved, but film is a visual medium and great filmmakers give the audience visual details to help flesh out their characters or provide extra context without just saying it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

I don't think anyone is calling this a mystery needing to be solved, but film is a visual medium and great filmmakers give the audience visual details to help flesh out their characters or provide extra context without just saying it.  

Especially this movie, hell in the first movie the spider that bites Miles glitches so they've been setting this up for a long time.

• Like 3

Sure maybe it means Gwen is trans or maybe it is just a flourish that subtly underlines her values. My point is at the moment it is just a flourish, and you need some leaps of thought to see it as a clue for Gwen trans identity based on one small detail at the edge of a frame. And even if nothing comes of it in the text of the third movie, some people might still believe that there are subtle hints by the creators that Gwen is trans, and that's also valid. Discussing subtext of movies we like is why we are on the internet talking about them. 

It's just that with open-ended stories like this hanging on to the "clues" to me feels less like discussing subtext and more like trying to predict what happens in the next movie. Which is really not my thing. I don't wanna be the guy that clocked back in 2018 the spider that bit Miles was from another dimension because it's glitching. I'm the guy that gets surprised in the new movie, then goes back and says "holy shit, they were hinting since then".

18 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Sure maybe it means Gwen is trans or maybe it is just a flourish that subtly underlines her values. My point is at the moment it is just a flourish, and you need some leaps of thought to see it as a clue for Gwen trans identity based on one small detail at the edge of a frame.

The color palette, the poster, the trans flag pin on her dad's badge, and the whole scene in general has a lot going on and I think it's great that it leaves the interpretation of it up to us, the viewer.  However, I can also see a trans person watching this scene and seeing themselves in it as well.

18 minutes ago, Joel M said:

It's just that with open-ended stories like this hanging on to the "clues" to me feels less like discussing subtext and more like trying to predict what happens in the next movie. Which is really not my thing. I don't wanna be the guy that clocked back in 2018 the spider that bit Miles was from another dimension because it's glitching. I'm the guy that gets surprised in the new movie, then goes back and says "holy shit, they were hinting since then".

Yet we aren't discussing what's going to happen in the next movie are we lol? 

• Like 2