kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

If Spidey holds, that's probably 110-115 wknd. Won't be surprised if it goes up, but summer is here so project at your own caution. 

48 would be bang on Guardian 3’s first Friday. That ended up at 118 so yeah, your 115 prediction is looking pretty solid!

• Founder / Operator
6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Gotta say, Spider-Man as a pop culture icon or brand name in that sense is just astonishing. Raimis Original Trilogy consisted of mega-hits, Tom Hollands "Home" Trilogy got bigger with every installment with No Way Home as a near 2B grosser and even the Amazing Spidfer-Man trilogy was far from flop-level.

And now even the animated version is breaking out. This character is nothing but a goldmine.

And even though Garfield's films were seen as disappointing at the box office, under the circumstances, I think they went to show just how strong the brand was to still do the business they did in the shadow of Raimi + poor reception of SM3 and rebooting.

Batman and Spider-Man. Two incredibly durable characters.

• Like 11

• Founder / Operator
25 minutes ago, JustWatching said:

48 would be bang on Guardian 3’s first Friday. That ended up at 118 so yeah, your 115 prediction is looking pretty solid!

We'll see! Not gonna claim any victories, it's early like @keysersoze123 mentioned about the walkups and people seem to love this movie. Hoping to catch it this weekend myself.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Gotta say, Spider-Man as a pop culture icon or brand name in that sense is just astonishing. Raimis Original Trilogy consisted of mega-hits, Tom Hollands "Home" Trilogy got bigger with every installment with No Way Home as a near 2B grosser and even the Amazing Spidfer-Man trilogy was far from flop-level.

And now even the animated version is breaking out. This character is nothing but a goldmine.

To be fair had Into the Spider-Verse not gotten spectacular reviews and audience reception it almost certainly would have flopped. Quality plays a big factor in Spidey's success. 

I tried to book tickets for Dolby tomorrow and at my nearby AMC and its almost full at all shows tomorrow. So booked for Sunday which is also filling up quickly. This will have a strong weekend. For some reason it had a smaller release relative to big movies despite such a strong early presales. So it will hold very well for sure. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

At least these are lot more reasonable than Deadline number for Spidey. I think Deadline got something wrong. May be they thought 40 instead of 50m and they did their crazy extrapolation for the weekend. Which is weird as normally they are on point for Friday. 

On Shawn's number, I am still hopeful Spidey will go further up. Its still early and walkups look good to me. 

I mean, your MTC1 presale count from overnight was already like $15M for TFri (275K x $53/tix). Have no idea how they’re only projecting $23M for the day 

Like it may have already hit close to that number, with hours of walk-ups to go 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M37 said:

I mean, your MTC1 presale count from overnight was already like $15M for TFri (275K x $53/tix). Have no idea how they’re only projecting $23M for the day 

Like it may have already hit close to that number, with hours of walk-ups to go 

They had to assume it would be severely front loaded or their  just too stubborn/stupid to increase projections. 

I remember er when TFA was at like a 187 million after 2 days and deadlines article that night openly wondered  if it could 'BEAT JW' OW record. At this point it only needed 20 million on Sunday to beat the record and heck even B vs S didn't collapse that badly on sunday...

Edited by screambaby

32 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That's not even mentioning the games either!  The last number I can find is that as of May last year, the 2 Insomniac game sales have topped 33m copies worldwide.

He's had an absolutely amazing run lately, there's no doubt.

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I tried to book tickets for Dolby tomorrow and at my nearby AMC and its almost full at all shows tomorrow. So booked for Sunday which is also filling up quickly. This will have a strong weekend. For some reason it had a smaller release relative to big movies despite such a strong early presales. So it will hold very well for sure. 

Same here in Miami. They are playing it on 12 different screens at AMC at the mall near me and all showings are sold out for the remainder of the week/weekend. TLM only sold out once during the preview screenings here last Wednesday. 

• Like 3

At the end of the movie

Spoiler

there was an enormous groan, followed by clapping

The way people were enthusiastically talking about the movie and theorizing afterwards reminded me of the heights of Marvel movies. I think this will be a big event movie and the next one even more so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

And even though Garfield's films were seen as disappointing at the box office, under the circumstances, I think they went to show just how strong the brand was to still do the business they did in the shadow of Raimi + poor reception of SM3 and rebooting.

Batman and Spider-Man. Two incredibly durable characters.

That is why I always say that Batman and Spider-Man are completely immune to any kind of genre fatigue or the lack of a shared universe. They have reached a stage where they are big enough to thrive on it's own brand alone and the amount of reinventions that are possible with them and all the complementary quality products they have (comics, games, tv shows, cartoons) makes them always evergreen. If Warner is smart, they should do a Batman animation with similar quality and effort.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator
17 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

That is why I always say that Batman and Spider-Man are completely immune to any kind of genre fatigue or the lack of a shared universe. They have reached a stage where they are big enough to thrive on it's own brand alone and the amount of reinventions that are possible with them and all the complementary quality products they have (comics, games, tv shows, cartoons) makes them always evergreen. If Warner is smart, they should do a Batman animation with similar quality and effort.

And it's no coincidence, IMO, that they have arguably the two deepest rogues galleries in comic lore.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

The Marvel guy who gave Sony the right to make infinite movies. 

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Looking like +80% with these early numbers. 

Yeah this is playing better than expected . 360M domestic.

Spiderverse ends up playing way closer to a CBM than I expected.

Great weekend for TLM.

and

great for Spideverse too but it will end up with lower end predictable side of  estimates.  

With 2 recent cbms doing 17m previews ,lows 100s OW. Same just happening for Spideverse  3rd time kind of takes out the excitement Abit.

Should leg out to 400m+ domestic.

The only movie left that I see making a billion is M17. So we could possibly have only one billion dollar film this year.

Edited by Liiviig 1998