Weekend Thread | Transformers $25.6M FRI

37 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Wow! Stay above 60m to 61m!

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
Jun 8, 2023 P $8,800,000   3,100 $2,839   $8,800,000  
Jun 9, 2023 1 $25,649,418   3,678 $6,974   $25,649,418 1
Jun 10, 2023 2 $19,365,981 -24% 3,678 $5,265   $45,015,399 2
Jun 11, 2023 2 $16,030,065 -17% 3,678 $4,358   $61,045,464 3

That Sunday drop is nuts for an opening weekend. I did notice that the verified audience score rose a decent amount to 91% or so as of today, so word of mouth is slowly developing perhaps?

10 hours ago, KP1025 said:

I remember that one because it was so amusingly pessimistic and borderline impossible as you said. TLM is already past the floor of their DOM prediction and almost past the ceiling of their WW prediction after only 2 weeks.

But it isn't sniffing a billion and even Variety had an article that went something like "TLM was expected to make a billion and now is struggling to make half of it". Point is, ridiculously low expectations or even trollingly low are better than ridiculously high expectations that aren't met. One is an upgrade the other is a downgrade. I get that it was Grace Randolph who was blabbing about billion dollar boxoffice but trades are more likely to quote her predictions than some redditor's. So what industry hears is that the movie is going to make little over half a billion at best instead of a billion. That isn't a compliment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cannastop said:

I mean... 3 movies is enough

I still have PTSD from the marketing campaign for the third movie all these years later. “Circus afro” jingle and kids losing their shit like it was the funniest thing of all time got old the 2nd time, let alone the 100th. They beat the hell out of that marketing campaign for like 6 months straight, it was unbearable. 

• Like 1

Very good hold for Spider-Verse. I'm not sure why people are expecting 400m, 3.3x legs for a CBM almost never happens except for a few anomalies like Black Panther or Wonder Woman. The first week gross is 170m, which is the same as The Batman, which was also 170m. Because of this, I think a finish around 370m is likely.

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Very good hold for Spider-Verse. I'm not sure why people are expecting 400m, 3.3x legs for a CBM almost never happens except for a few anomalies like Black Panther or Wonder Woman. The first week gross is 170m, which is the same as The Batman, which was also 170m. Because of this, I think a finish around 370m is likely.

Summer weekdays and 2 holidays in 3 weeks always help for legs...

Not saying it's getting to $400M...but saying it's still early in the process...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Who thought ROTB would increase from estimates? 😂

amanda seyfried raise hand GIF

Audience composition very similar to a Jurassic film, no reason not to expect a similar Sunday hold