Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Bale no doubt puts many more butts in seats but even now, and I feel very old writing this, but that entire series just feels old, too, for kids today. 

The Nolan movies still play well with the young people today. Movies havent significantly evolved in the 15 years since 2008. The change in, and I hate to say stuff like this, the language of cinema was far more dramatic and barrier inducing during the 15 years between 2008 and 1993.

Frankly a lot more post-2000 films have held up with the kids in a way I don't remember 90's and 80's movies doing when I was younger.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

Just now, Shawn said:

And here I thought the biggest bomb of the year wasn't supposed to go off until July 21.

👀

Dear lord god, are the numbers worse than we thought?!?!?!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

41 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Looking at the demos - women refused to watch the lead.  I've never seen a supers movie split 76-24 - that's an INSANE rejection by 2 demos.  

Nothing more needs to be said if this comes in under Transformers...

Speaking of that

Female audiences gave the Flash $2.328M in previews DBO.

Morbius...gave $2.223M

Rogue-One-Krennic-We-were-on-Verge-of-greatness

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

And here I thought the biggest bomb of the year wasn't supposed to go off until July 21.

👀

Which one this weekend - we have options.  This is a weekend to remember, although maybe not in the best way...

• Sad 2

• Founder / Operator
3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Dear lord god, are the numbers worse than we thought?!?!?!

Honestly, I'm afraid to ask. I'm Schrödinger's Cat-ing it for the moment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

lol what’s all this 4 day in the Deadline article, it’s not recognised as a box office holiday weekend is it? 

At least The Blackening only cost $5m. 

trying to make the weekend look better by sneakily putting a 4 day number in there 

I have been saying for months since the trailer dropped that Michael Keaton returning as a video game action star in a big cinematic universe title completely misunderstands his appeal and the nostalgia that could be mined from that. Older audiences who love Keaton Batman have nothing in The Flash trailers thats looks appealing and people have been telling me for months that nostalgia would still prevail.

Feeling pretty vindicated rn at these numbers to say the least lol

• Like 8

I think Deadline may be highballing that number as well. Walkups have been absolutely horrible so far today where I'm tracking and comparing to SV2's pace is making it seem closer to 14. We'll see if it can seriously pick up the pace to hit that Deadline number but I definitely wouldn't put my hopes on it going higher than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Seriously Deadline?

”To some degree these figures are not surprising as this is where the box office openings of deep universe superhero movies live when they’re starting off a franchise.”

Deadline ignoring the fact The Flash is one of the most popular TV Shows on earth to try and spin these numbers is INSANE. Even if the show isn't all that popular in the US, the franchise has had 10+ years of mainstream promotion.

• Like 1

Deadline seems too optimistic on Friday and weekend IMs for both Flash and Elemental. Hope I'm wrong but 60M and 30M would be a miracle at this point for both of them respectively after their preview #s. Next weekend's numbers will be ugly.