Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Dead Man's Chest opened to 133 million in 2006.

I think there's a lots of love for POTC franchise, Atleast the first three, crazy to tag it with twilight.

135.6, actually, it broke the opening weekend record by over $20 million dollars.

It was also the first movie to make $100 million in two days.

The first PotC was widely beloved, it played for months and was a big WOM hit, and people were hungry for the sequel.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

I really disagree. 

I think an interesting comparison to the TF franchise is Twilight. The Twilight films always get a bump online whenever they jump to a new streaming service. There's been a lot of positive retrospectives, and I know people that like to sit and rewatch them.

I just never see that kind of love for the Transformers films. Apart from maybe thr first one, I don't get the sense people are lining up to watch the other 6. They're loud, annoying, and dated. Same goes for Pirates of The Carribean. One good movie, four middling sequels we can just ignore.

I actually enjoyed Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 2. I watched them in theaters, but have never watched them again since. 

5 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Even $400M feels like a crazy stretch with a $125M OW

that B CinemaScore is a death sentence 

Yeah this movie is getting the worst luck.

Star gets into a long controversy for months due to repeat offending.

Attempts at hiding the star probably only brings more attention to the offending said star had.

Development hell.

Forced attempt at Nostalgia that falls flat.

Two movies that preceeded it bomb embrassingly

Spiderverse steals whatever thunder it may have had.

Poor CGI getting laughed at on Twitter, Especially the scene with the microbaby.

Completely mid which is easy to make fun of cause James Gunn tried to convince everyone it is "One of The Greatest Superhero movie ever made"

Audience that normally would enjoy a fun summer action doesn't like this movie much.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle are gonna need to gross around ~$450m between them to ensure that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 doesn't outgross DCEU's entire 2023 slate by itself worldwide. This should be a lock r-right?

I expect Blue Beetle to do Shazam 2 numbers and Aquaman around Flash unless China shows up big time

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle are gonna need to gross around ~$450m between them to ensure that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 doesn't outgross DCEU's entire 2023 slate by itself worldwide. This should be a lock r-right?

James Gunn really is the king of DC

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTcTr_kQMys2YN-Q8y9lq