Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So, unless Gunn's DC universe is a smash hit which snowballs into an Avengers-level run for the inevitable Justice League redo, it looks like Harry Potter 8 will keep the Warner opening record for perpetuity.

Robert Pattinson Fight GIF by The Batman

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Btw

This will be first year where biggest opening of the year will be by a Female Director 

History in making

Dont underestimate THE MEG 2!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The problem is that it will have to ramp up to this level.  Rebooting/revamping is gonna take time and so the biggest question is - will the studio let it do that?

Normally I'd remind everyone - myself included - how Batman Begins - while a certified blockbuster at $205M - was a slow but steady commercial burn that left people starving for a sequel.

But general audiences are now quite adept at the concept of reboots. Hence The Batman grosses a pretty-damn-great $370M coming off two very divise and commercially-rejected films headlined by "Batfleck."

Superman: Legacy needs to be good, plain and simple. Warner Bros are still the best in the business when it comes to marketing. If Gunn gives them a commercially-viable four-quad Superman movie that people have been wanting for years, they'll work their magic.

Time will tell. But me... I think this is the moment.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Barbie breakout is a sign that a movie is indeed rely on its visual to wow audience. The movie fully embrace its pink as eye-candy troops. Like Avatar 2, these two movies make me a grateful person on how I am not a blind and I will take care my eyes every second from now.

Remember, we say we watch or see a movie. Of course eyes is the first organ that a movie should pleasure

:Gaga: What’s the second? 

• Haha 1

I agree with @ZattMurdock people went to hard with Robbie for the flop of such films like Babylon and Amsterdam. They were like full of stars, from acclaimed directors etc... some people acted at the time like they were roles similar to barbie where she was the only actor on the poster.  

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

this puts to bed the notion that this is just “performing like an MI film”. MI films don’t drop 65% second weekend 

No MI films had to compete with two openers this huge.

10 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Yes Cruise is searching a great director to work with as we speak. Can see this happening 

ce756d18a5bc957178eb17630a79f2e6-1.jpg

Tom Cruise as Mr. Tumnus? lol no.

37 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It just come off as sexist shit in my head. I mean, Suicide Squad was a success but Morbius bombed and Leto is on the new Tron whatever that will also likely bomb. I don’t know fam but there is a pattern here and clearly isn’t Margot Robbie’s fault there.

Yeah people don’t say Christian Bale is box office poison yet Robbie’s last 10 years has been better than his

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Complete tangent, but showing life can't always be good, the box office doing so well just meant the grand prix today was an absolute stinker. Let's go burn down the red bull factory @grim22

F1 has become way too over engineered, way too safe, way too risk averse, and run by the absolute worst people to be running F1.