The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

4 hours ago, eeetooki said:

The only movie I watched from Cameron is Titanic and that was when I was a kid. Avatar-type movies are just not my cup of tea. Would love to see something else from him.

Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens

Buckle Up Sean Bean GIF by Sony Pictures

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I really want to see two movies gross $10m+ for previews, I really think that record won't be broken for a very long time.

wait until sonic 3/thunderbolts

Edited by Bob Train

52 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

My showing also had problems lol . It was an English showing but there were no Spanish subtitles and my theater had to restart the movie 4 times, delaying it by 30 minutes.

Staring to think Tom Cruise might be sabotaging it .

Just spotted him earlier on the Southbank, running towards the BFI IMAX ..run running GIF by Regal Cinemas

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oppenheimer being the atomic bomb of all box office bombs would have been fitting admittedly. Barbie had other things to say about that 

WB trying to use Barbie as a weapon against Nolan but Barbie lifting up Oppie with all her contrasting happy pink energy is the most Barbie thing

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, B D Joe said:

What movie should counter-program with Barbie's sequel?

Einstein, the long awaited spin-off to Oppenheimer and the continuation of the SCU (Scientist Cinematic Universe).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Saw Barbie on Wednesday. After sleeping on it for a bit I really wish I liked it a lot more than I did. A lot of the jokes didn't really work that well, and while I enjoyed the existentialism I felt like some of the dialogue didn't fully deliver in terms of effectively conveying the themes as a whole. Felt a little heavy-handed at points where I think something a little more subtle would have worked better. I think my largest issue is the second act, because the movie starts and ends really strong - but all the stuff in "earth" just felt a little tired. Gosling rocks but I don't think it's an Oscar winning role at all. Robbie's solid too. Incredible production design, probably the best of the year outside of Asteroid City (which might have had a better Robbie performance too?)

Overall I did appreciate the swings Gerwig took, and her voice being so present in a blockbuster like this is really, really encouraging. Seeing Oppenheimer tonight and excited beyond belief.

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Alright guys….

I’m almost at the theatre for my 9am showing of Barbie. 

Then straight into the 11:30am IMAX of Oppenheimer. 

Happy Barbenheimer Day everybody!!! 
What days off work were made for. 

Tom Cruise Popcorn GIF by Regal

Man, I can't go to the cinema that early. But enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would never watch Oppenheimer + Barbie back to back 😅. Maybe in the same day with one in the morning and one in the evening (sometimes i have watched at home like 3 movies in the same day). But meme apart seems very forced to me. It's not like watching 2 old bond movies back to back, i think both movies deserve their moment to let them settle inside you. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

i would never watch Oppenheimer + Barbie back to back 😅. Maybe in the same day with one in the morning and one in the evening (sometimes i have watched at home like 3 movies in the same day). But meme apart seems very forced to me. It's not like watching 2 old bond movies back to back, i think both movies deserve their moment to let them settle inside you. 

I would love to see Godfather Part 1 & 2 back to back on a giant screen. Maybe take a bathroom break in between, but otherwise 6 straight hours of two GOAT level movies. Lol

• Like 3

Years ago when I first moved to Toronto, I saw the terminator, commando and predator all in one showing. Some Art House theater (yes the irony was not lost on me)  in downtown Toronto was having an Arnold Schwarzenegger - fest and me and a buddy gladly spent 6 or 7 hours at the theater that night and of course it was a blast.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Years ago when I first moved to Toronto, I saw the terminator, commando and predator all in one showing. Some Art House theater (yes the irony was not lost on me)  in downtown Toronto was having an Arnold Schwarzenegger - fest and me and a buddy gladly spent 6 or 7 hours at the theater that night and of course it was a blast.

That’s awesome. Pretty dang good trio of Arnold movies. 

• Heart 1

Yeah those are probably my three favorite movies of his from the 80s. I mean at one time predator was my all-time favorite movie. And commando is one of the silliest most enjoyable movies you could ever see. And nothing needs to be said about the Terminator.

• Like 1