The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

5 minutes ago, 21C said:

Oppenheimer cost 180 million. 

No, it isn't. Nolan wrongly refer the 180m as budget instead of runtime. 

This is Avatar 2 all over again that JC casually make a wrong reference point on break even point and whole industry thought Avatar 2 would need $2bn to break even.

• Like 1

Late to the party, so some quick hot takes 🔥 

Off those previews, Barbenheimer FSS > NWH FSS

(and could give the full OW a run for its money) 

Oppenheimer - not MI7 - is the beneficiary of TGM’s success last year, particularly with the IMAX/PLF (often younger) audience 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The pilot episode was leaked on Archive.org last year and it's pretty much standard sitcom pilot stuff. I had forgot that Meg Ryan was the voice of future Greta Gerwig. I'm guessing the huge negative reaction to the himym ending caused CBS to take a break from that franchise for a bit. When How I Met Your Father actually happened last year, no one cared anymore. 

Thank you all for reminding me of HIMYM's ending.

Great way to ruin my evening.

:whosad:

Barbie is doing excellently in US but LATAM is the area where it has gone truly bonkers...Highest ever OD admits in Colombia, Peru, Chile, all time top2 OD in Brazil, amazing openings in Mexico, Argentina

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 1

Wow. The atmosphere here is electric. The cinema had to be evacuated just before my showing starts, must have been 2000+ people pouring out of the cinema and standing outside. Everyone is so happy and excited. Never seen so much pink!

Not interested in barbie but this is super cool.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, DAR said:

Just think Zaslav pissing off Nolan led us to one of the best box office weekends in years.

Zaslav watching Barbie beat Oppenheimer at the box office probably leaves him feeling vindicated. 

Oppenheimer, I think, will have legs not quite as great as Inception, but it'll open high enough (around $75m-$80m) where it will hit $300m.

And Barbie is gonna hit over $500m.

Fucking glorious weekend. 

• Like 1