Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

10 minutes ago, wattage said:

On TWR I will say a lot of excitement for obvious reasons from some older audiences doesn't preclude family walk ups, at least in the US. Can't speak for other regions but as has been said on here it is a fairly popular and high selling children's book that is part of some school curriculums. It is not actually an original work, as much as DreamWorks is not really selling it heavily on the adaptation aspect, the book will still be something families with children are more aware of. Doesn't automatically mean it has to sell closer to a family movie, and families for all we know are saving money until November. We'll see! 

Very early morning sales like that, to me, look like possibly multiple small class outings. Possibly from the same school or just a bunch of local schools. From my spotty memory of school trips to the theater they tended to want us packed together in small areas instead of spread out through the entire row, so the teacher could sit in the back section and be able to keep an eye on us. Class of 24, in 4 rows of 6 or some combo like that usually. If it was multiple classes they would put a bit of space so we wouldn't get too unruly in the theater. Which would explain the gaps you're seeing as well. And we usually went to the one cheapest theater in the area because it's more affordable for the school. It definitely was not the more popular theater, the only time I ever went to or saw people there actually was for class trips or summer camp trips.

Same setup as I back in the day.

Unfortunately, I recall our classes never seeing any good movies from our field trips. Movies I can remember are Happy Feet 2 and Mars needs Moms...

• Like 1

TOne did abysmally tonight. Which is a shame, since the early access shows were very strong this week.

Curious what sort of multiplier it’ll have, but yea this wasn’t a good day.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Same setup as I back in the day.

Unfortunately, I recall our classes never seeing any good movies from our field trips. Movies I can remember are Happy Feet 2 and Mars needs Moms...

Damn those are some rough picks, I had better luck I think. One notable class trip for me was a last hurrah for the year before school let out in June and we watched Madagascar because it had a country in the title and animals, so it could teach us about geography and fauna 😂

Wild Robot quorum has been updated, now shooting way ahead of the awareness pace of It Ends with Us (which it had been pacing pretty close to to this point) while still maintaining comparable interest, theater viewing, and ticket purchase willingness metrics. Theater viewing and ticket purchase interest now near matching those of TFOne.

Wild Robot, The - The Quorum

Wild Robot, The - The Quorum

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

If there's schools and daycares booking Wild Robot I can't imagine it being that frontloaded to Thursday. While sales overall are meh here there are a lot more for Friday and Saturday than for Thursday to this point

Y'all watched animated movies on school field trips?  The only ones I got to see at school were Narnia 2 and 3 (we were a Christian school, and our mascot was the Lions).

7 minutes ago, Human said:

Y'all watched animated movies on school field trips?  The only ones I got to see at school were Narnia 2 and 3 (we were a Christian school, and our mascot was the Lions).

We watched any movie that could be tangentially related to schooling, animated or not. And the justifications were often flimsy even for me as a child, but none of us were complaining lol. We knew we needed the excuses to go to the movies during school. This being an adaptation of a book in the curriculum is probably the easiest justification ever all things considered. 

On 9/17/2024 at 10:41 PM, Rorschach said:

Transformers One (Tuesday Night Outlook)

Cinemark Davenport 18 + IMAX

Thursday: 26/2,173 (1.1% sold) [+2]

3 IMAX showings: 2/1,164

1 3D showing: 0/135

9 2D showings: 24/874

Comps:

IF: $929k

Garfield: $1.73M

Inside Out 2: $1.67M

AVG: $1.44M

Friday: 42/3,723 (0.8% sold) [+13]

5 IMAX showings: 8/1,940

3 3D showings: 1/405

15 2D showings: 33/1,378

Comps:

IF: $5.52M

Garfield: $6.8M

Inside Out 2: $4.15M

AVG: $5.5M

Thurs + Fri: 68/5,896 (0.9% sold) [+15]

Comps:

IF: $6.16M

Garfield: $7.94M

Inside Out 2: $6.05M

AVG: $6.72M

Transformers One (Thursday Night Outlook)

Cinemark Davenport 18 + IMAX

Friday: 96/3,723 (2.6% sold) [+54]

5 IMAX showings: 11/1,940

3 3D showings: 3/405

15 2D showings: 82/1,378

Comps:

IF: $4.41M

Garfield: $5.87M

Inside Out 2: $3.36M

AVG: $4.55M

Missed yesterday due to packing for a weekend trip. Seems like things took a turn for the worse 😬.