Issac Newton

Weekday #s | Aug 14-17 | Barbie #1 WB Domestic Film of ALL TIME, because it’s what she DESERVES.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I know this is just an illustration but I don't like the idea of people belittle a BO achievement when a movie heavily rely on certain premium advantage, like how IMAX did to Oppenheimer or 3D to Avatar.

The drawing power from those movie to get people to pay more  for IMAX or 3D itself is a standout achievement that can't be measured in a mere admission number. I mean, we no longer live in the era when every movie is only playing on one format and therefore admission number is more comparable between movies. 

In Oppy’s case, it’s impressive that people are willing to shell out very high IMAX prices for a 3 hour dialogue movie. It’s not one of those action-packed movies where it would be obvious for audiences to want the IMAX version. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

In Oppy’s case, it’s impressive that people are willing to shell out very high IMAX prices for a 3 hour dialogue movie. It’s not one of those action-packed movies where it would be obvious for audiences to want the IMAX version. 

Tell me about it. About 90 minutes ago fans are buying lame IMAX store merchandise for 40-80 just to get the filmstrips.

• Haha 1

Yeah a very interesting thing about both opp and Barbie making near to billion (i Hope for 1b) and near to 1.5B Is they are not action flicks.

After the lord of the Rings seems like Hollywood thought you can't make a big blockbuster in live action is not the First act- second act- third act and then "the final battle" and something like that.

It's the proof you can build a big big movie It's different like It was for Forrest Gump, E.T and so on. 

Everyone Is talking about how Barbie could impact next movies for women but I think its success also shows you can make big blockbuster numbers even with movies different from the epic action flicks like star wars, avatar, Marvel, Transformers, pirates of the carribean, lord of the Rings etc.

Also for a male audience or a more generic audience, not only females. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

Kinepolis Reports Record Revenue in the First Half of 2023

In the first half of 2023, Kinepolis generated 25.1% more revenue than in the same period in 2022 and 19.8% more than in the first half of record year 2019. With an expanded number of cinemas, the chain achieved the increase, despite still seeing a lower number of visitors post-pandemic (-5.3% compared with H1 2019). The larger base underlines the growth potential, as visitor numbers continue to increase.

During the first half of 2023, Kinepolis accquired a cinema in Belfort (FR), made an agreement with IMAX for six new IMAX screens (opening late 2023) and two upgrades of existing IMAX screens. The chain also saw a further roll-out of premiere seats, VIP seats, and Laser ULTRA for a premium film experience in North America. Key figures from the first half of 2023 include a total revenue around $310M, which was a 19.8% increase over the same period in 2019. Kinepolis achieved the figure with 16.8 million visitors, an increase of 22.8% compared to the first half of 2022 and 94.7% of the visitors welcomed in the first half of 2019. Total profit amounted to more than $22.6M, doubling the profit registered in the first half of 2022, while debt remained roughly constant.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet. Unfortunately the only time I'd be able to see it would be 10:00 p.m. at night because of my work schedule but, I'm off for 3 days after tonight so hopefully I find time see it over the weekend although I do want to see Talk to Me as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Inflation & IMAX are powerful tools. Ticket sales…

Sing = 31 million tickets 

Oppy = 20 million tickets 

Sing did have 3D, which probably boosted it a few million. Oppenheimer is definitely getting a big Imax boost, but I’m not sure if it’s THAT high. Though with these record numbers, it could be I suppose. I know Deadline reported that average $13 ticket price, but as with anything from that site I remain pretty skeptical. If Charlie or someone said it, I’d be more inclined to believe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet. Unfortunately the only time I'd be able to see it would be 10:00 p.m. at night because of my work schedule but, I'm off for 3 days after tonight so hopefully I find time see it over the weekend although I do want to see Talk to Me as well.

Definitely not a 10 PM kind of movie. You're better off waiting for home video if you are unable to go to a theater during regular hours. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

38 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Definitely not a 10 PM kind of movie. You're better off waiting for home video if you are unable to go to a theater during regular hours. 

Yeah but I have 3 days off in a row now so hopefully I can hit up an afternoon matinee.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Sing did have 3D, which probably boosted it a few million. Oppenheimer is definitely getting a big Imax boost, but I’m not sure if it’s THAT high. Though with these record numbers, it could be I suppose. I know Deadline reported that average $13 ticket price, but as with anything from that site I remain pretty skeptical. If Charlie or someone said it, I’d be more inclined to believe.

Valid point on Sing’s 3D boost.

Here is my rough calculation for Oppy. Recent report was that 29% of the domestic money is IMAX. I figure we can remove 50% of the IMAX money to get an idea of the dollar gross if those IMAX shows were just regular shows.

So Oppy would be around $233M total without IMAX boost. Average price of $10.50 would be 22 million tickets. Average price of $11.00 would be 21 million tickets. Average price of $11.50 would be 20 million tickets. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Valid point on Sing’s 3D boost.

Here is my rough calculation for Oppy. Recent report was that 29% of the domestic money is IMAX. I figure we can remove 50% of the IMAX money to get an idea of the dollar gross if those IMAX shows were just regular shows.

So Oppy would be around $233M total without IMAX boost. Average price of $10.50 would be 22 million tickets. Average price of $11.00 would be 21 million tickets. Average price of $11.50 would be 20 million tickets. 

I can’t fault the math/method, seems as good as any. Might as well go with the sweet spot in the middle with 21m lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baumer said:

See both and make it a double feature. Talk to Oppenheimer.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah a very interesting thing about both opp and Barbie making near to billion (i Hope for 1b) and near to 1.5B Is they are not action flicks.

After the lord of the Rings seems like Hollywood thought you can't make a big blockbuster in live action is not the First act- second act- third act and then "the final battle" and something like that.

It's the proof you can build a big big movie It's different like It was for Forrest Gump, E.T and so on. 

Everyone Is talking about how Barbie could impact next movies for women but I think its success also shows you can make big blockbuster numbers even with movies different from the epic action flicks like star wars, avatar, Marvel, Transformers, pirates of the carribean, lord of the Rings etc.

Also for a male audience or a more generic audience, not only females. 

Hopefully Joker 2 follows this trend and brings in a lot of money without a bunch of action. 

• Like 1