Shawn Robbins

Weekend Thread (9/8-10) | Nun 3.1M Previews

5 hours ago, Eric the Nun said:

So uh...how's y'all Friday been? Mine's been me watching old Disney/Touchstone from the 80s. It's pretty cool. Pretty nice. I like having the day off from work.

Went Go-Karting!

• Like 2

Honestly the CinemaScore is pretty meh for both movies. I'm surprised they made a Greek Wedding 3 but the fact that it may rival Book Club 2's box office for lowest grossing wide release made mainly for promotion of vactioning in a European country targeted at old women of the year is hilarious. 

39 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It was really a fad. not many people remember but they did a TV show sitcom follow up with almost the whole main cast of the movie only one year later in 2003 and it got cancelled after 7 episodes.

There was a joke about it on that year's Oscars or Emmys. The presenters were going "here's what's in the gift baskets the losers receive" and one of the items was "The entire box set of My Big Fat Greek Life - all 5 episodes"

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Better OD/Thur ratio than Ticket to Paradise last Oct. Could get to $9M+ for weekend, though $10M seems like a stretch 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s safe to say that Big Fat Greek Wedding in 2002 was just some sort of fluke. 

Wasn't anything close to a fluke. It had some of the strongest word of mouth you could possibly imagine for a movie. It opened in something like 60 theaters and people just kept talking and talking and talking about it.

One of the strongest things about it was that a lot of married people in North America could relate to it. In my personal experience, I was married to a Portuguese woman and so a lot of the scenarios in the movie I could relate to.

Believe me it was anything but a fluke

• Like 4