CJohn

FLOP WEEKEND THRE4D | EXPEND4BLES GIG4BOMBS WITH 8.0M OW | HORROR WINS, THE REST LOSES | The Post-Bomb Venice Thread and Pre-Bomb Creator Thread | WE BOMBING, BOYS!

9 Predictions For September 2023's Box Office (screenrant.com)

Expendables 4 Will Be September 2023's Biggest New Movie At The Box Office

September is a surprisingly busy month for movie releases, and there's something being released that caters to every taste. While they all have a chance to become successful, Expendables 4 is at the top of the September 2023 box office predictions. Its potential box office total of $250 million is higher than any other competitor. Jason Statham is also in a more prominent role in Expend4bles, which is great news for the movie's box office. The British actor has had one success after another in multiplexes. Despite The Meg 2's critical scathing, the movie still made $354 million worldwide. That could be the same story for Expendables 4.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'd rather have hot fire ants poured down my urethra than watch Exped4bles under any circumstance. 

Saw the first movie and was dumbfounded by how awful it was. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, especially on a technical level, in quite a long while. How they got to make three more of these movies is beyond me.

20 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Really trying to understand what math Deadline is using to predict a $15-$17M OW range after these preview numbers.

It’s just Deadline reporting what they said yesterday. They said their tracking services projected 15-17M, and they will continue to say so until Friday’s estimates come in. Infinity War could have had just 3M in previews and Deadline would have still parroted, “It’s tracking for at least 200M, don’t you worry. Yuck yuck”

19 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

While we are here I want to say Megan Fox is such an odd choice for this movie.

This whole movie is an odd choice for a movie. Crickets whenever I got the trailer in cinema. Been almost a decade since the last one and the whole concept behind the series is nostalgia for old farts in action movies, so relying on nostalgia for a 4th movie just seemed dumb, and there was fuck all else going for this movie.

i say this as someone who does actually like some of the throwback junk action movies these old-timers have been putting out like Escape Plan, Bullet to the Head, The Last Stand etc... the expendables series is just shit. 2 has its moments but overall is still mildly shit. not as shit i guess. maybe it's just a fart.

• Like 1