XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont think Marvels alone will lead to just rebooting everything. That may not even guarantee success. I think its highly likely they will get back the OG cast back at least for 1 may be even a trilogy of Avengers movies releasing over 3-5 year period. 

...I could see secret Wars, but an entire trilogy over just 5 years? Unlikely.

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...I could see secret Wars, but an entire trilogy over just 5 years? Unlikely.

We know Avengers are there. Do we need a build up for another Avengers movie again. You dont need like dozen Avengers to make one as well. Its definitely possible if they plan it as a trilogy and may be shoot them back to back. 

That said that is easy low hanging fruit for big BO for sure. 

2 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Changing the subject a little, anyone know why Across the Spider-Verse had such a muted Netflix launch? Felt like everyone was talking about this film when it came out, but it came to Netflix on Halloween, and nary a peep from any major outlet.

EDIT: It's wild that this film has a 4.5 on Letterboxd, and yet no one is talking about the film's streaming release.

1. most people saw into the spider-verse through netlix so it was a bigger deal back then

2. it is noticeably longer than the first including a long stretch of the plot focusing on the characters and not moving forward much after the intro

3.  still loved it, I don't think the movie is as well-liked as the first one (will change if Beyond is a banger)

44 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I can see Evans coming back with his tail between his legs, but RDJ is surely done with this shit. 

right?!

If anything I always thought RDJ would be the easiest to get back. He makes a stupid amount of money from these films. A couple more Avengers films = a couple more islands to own. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont think Marvels alone will lead to just rebooting everything. That may not even guarantee success. I think its highly likely they will get back the OG cast back at least for 1 may be even a trilogy of Avengers movies releasing over 3-5 year period. 

Marvels alone is enough to lead to rebooting everything, cause even the most pessimistic hater would have expected Marvels to earn 500M at least.  The fact that there's no floor for The Marvels means that it's all over, even if Captain America 4 and Thunder bolts do better what are the chances of them doing WAYYYYY better than whatever The Marvels is earning? Right now Disney and Marvel can count themselves lucky if Secret Wars can earn the 660M that Justice League earned.

Rebooting may not be a guaranteed success, but I am not sure how continuing to go down the current path isn't guaranteed to lead to disaster.

• Like 3

Honestly Unless marvels some rebounding ,bombs way. So some changes will happen.

Deadpool 3 is a solid money maker

cap 4, thunderbolts being already shoot . release them .

Skip KD.

Cancel F4 for now.

Cancel blade .

Fast track Schang chi 2 and DS3 and make one of them  a civil war type movie that brings together the new avengers team.

Spidey 4 is obvious at this point.

Make secret war 2 parter .

Start off next phase with F4 and Xmen.

Possible scenario

BNW - July

Thunderbolts - Nov

Blade. -Feb

DP3 - may 2025

SP4  -may 2026

DS3 - Nov

SC2 - Feb/march

Secret wars pt 1 -may

Secret wars pt 2  - may

Start of phase 7 - Nov

Yeah 2028 seems far too long to keep this phase going but  would prefer spacing out stuff to just two movies a year.  Kept blade on due to low budget but would also prefer putting that on chopping block tbh.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

8 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Changing the subject a little, anyone know why Across the Spider-Verse had such a muted Netflix launch? Felt like everyone was talking about this film when it came out, but it came to Netflix on Halloween, and nary a peep from any major outlet.

EDIT: It's wild that this film has a 4.5 on Letterboxd, and yet no one is talking about the film's streaming release.

8 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

The movie has already done very well at the box office and on PVOD, much more so than the last, so I don't think it will be the streaming juggernaut that the first was out the gate. Plus, streaming analytics are always a bit behind so I'm not sure if there's any way to see how it's doing currently. 

5 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

1. most people saw into the spider-verse through netlix so it was a bigger deal back then

2. it is noticeably longer than the first including a long stretch of the plot focusing on the characters and not moving forward much after the intro

3.  still loved it, I don't think the movie is as well-liked as the first one (will change if Beyond is a banger)

It made $381M domestic instead of $190M and became 10th for the year for disc sales from its September debut  alone.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-led-disc-sales-in-september-super-mario-bros-holds-year-to-date-lead/

Google has it as #1 right now as the most searched action movie.

Its not going to match the first because the 2’nd was significantly bigger, and It’s too early to have its precise streaming numbers as it hasn’t been a week, but it’s doing fine on the ancillary market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Intrigued by deadpool 3. Shawn Levy seems like a curiously tame choice, but maybe this is one of those ‘the director doesn’t matter’ scenarios. 

Oh he sucks, he's a Peyton Reed type and it's why the film outright sucking isn't off the table. Hoping for the best but I lost a lot of interest as soon as they hired him.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

What gets me is the idea that Marvel is just sitting on its hands (or if one prefers burying their heads in the sand).  

They've delayed multiple shows/films.

They've retooled shows/radically reworked projects.

They've cut back on pace of content.

There are rumors that even more serious changes are afoot.

What exactly more do folks want?  A notarized and dated apology with a Commitment To Be Better?

Marvel might have done many things this year (and looks to be doing in the near future) but "just brush off failures" isn't one of them.

Porthos, you are a very reasonable guy, but I feel like sometimes you forget that you are in BOT and some people just wanna watch the MCU CBMs world burn.

4 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I can see Evans coming back with his tail between his legs, but RDJ is surely done with this shit. 

right?!

Go Saturday Night Live GIF by Morphin

3 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Essentially, I think they’ll jump into Secret Wars instantly and go past Kang Dynasty.

Yes, please. End Kang. Show it was Dr. Doom (the villain of Secret Wars) manipulating Kang all along or something, then just end him and move on. Anything, just don't give us another movie with him as the villain, not after Quantumania, nobody will take that seriously. Loki S2, as amazing as it is, is not nearly enough to redeem Kang in the eyes of the GA, he's damaged goods.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but the only way Doom can work as suddenly becoming the big bad is if he's in FF, and all reports say he isn't the main villain in that, and thank Christ because now they can finally use a villain that isn't Doom for the first time in literally 30 years of FF movies.

Ditto Magneto as the X-Mens first big bad. He's very, very overplayed.

Edited by SpiderByte

I think Doom/Magneto will be introduced as characters (hope to god it’s not another credits tease) even if they are not the villains up front.

Kang I just think is not an interesting concept. They can change this all easily, few watched Ant Man and Loki is it’s own wee universe anyway. 

I think we need a Loki style fun villain for the next Avengers (fuck it make it Loki!) which brings together the new Avengers. Can be anyone but if am honest they need to start making new villains in these films so maybe they can think of an original concept.

But I think the multiverse saga should be killed. Gives us a simple fun comic book movie to act as a soft reboot. I think you could even introduce the X-Men in a new Avengers film. 

I agree they should ditch the two parter concept. They need to be laying building blocks again.

Getting into fan writing there but I guess my point is there are LOTS of options. But just continuing ‘as is’ is not going to work. The good news is we are seeing Marvel Spotlight (I wonder if DP3 might fall under this marketing?) so they are probably bringing back an alt universe for much of the TV shows.

40 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Kang was damaged goods even before Majors arrest. Good reviews for his performance from critics doesn't change the fact he is attached to the worst received MCU movie. That hurt the appeal of his character.

And Majors is also in two very well received TV shows as... technically different characters but also technically not. I really don't think that's necessarily a factor, mainly because it's impossible to tell since Kang himself (or another variant similar oh you get my point) hasn't reappeared yet. It's still most likely that recasting is the solution, barring something exculpatory from Majors side (which...could happen but seems unlikely).

Edited by SpiderByte

29 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I think we need a Loki style fun villain for the next Avengers (fuck it make it Loki!) which brings together the new Avengers. Can be anyone but if am honest they need to start making new villains in these films so maybe they can think of an original concept.

Masters of Evil. It literally makes the most sense. We’ve never seen a bunch of heroes fight a group of villains. You get a bunch of villains people like together trying to powergrab or introduce some new cool ones: a mix of favorites like Namor, Mordo, Hammer, Mysterio (you can even say he’s still alive or some shit), Zemo, a comic relief like Titania and a few new ones maybe Moonstone or The Leader or depending on who lives in Thunderbolts one defects.

Come up with some bullshit that Kang hired them if you need it that way or gave Zemo technology to take over Earth. The Thunderbolts get bitch made and FalCap recruits a team of New Avengers: Spider-Man, She-Hulk and Hulk, Strange, Shuri, an Ant-Man or Carol, Thor and Shang-Chi. 

The heroes get their ass beat because the villains and Zemo know their weaknesses but prevail because they’re a better team than the villains. 

• Like 1