Kon

NEW YEAR weekend

12 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

So what is the movie which have the best reaction in the room and the movie which you’re the most interested ?

Of the ones I watched today...if I have to pick one I might watch (separate from Dune 2, b/c I still haven't decided what I'm doing there, but I know what I'm getting with Dune 2), it's probably Fall Guy, but even then I'm not sold...it seems fun, but Gosling doesn't quite have Cruise's "it" factor for these types of movies...

Since it was a mostly empty room (about 25 folks), no real huge reactions and none of the movies won over my spouse and kids for an "OMG, we have to see it"...at least not yet...

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, Eric Owns Mickey Mouse said:

Do you…not know what the whole premise of these movies are? That’s the whole point of this series since 1968.

It's knowing vs being interested.  Once you've gotten past the humans are bad, let's save the apes part...no one wants to see the aftermath of apes in charge.  They didn't after the 1968 original (b/c the sequels were not as popular), and I doubt folks do now.  It's probably why I quit after #2...

I mean, are you gonna wanna watch Apes treat humans as subhuman for $20 of your own money?  I mean, I already have to watch people do it to other people in real life...why would I want to see animals do it to people?

See, for me, this is visceral...so maybe I'm not gonna be on point for this movie...or maybe the gender skew will be 80-20.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t follow the franchise but is this Apes film the 4th in the newer series, the 3rd or something new? 

I went to see the early 2010s one, but that was it. 

It's the 4th...

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope so. I'm starting to think that The Marvels and A2 bombed cause The Rock cursed everyone who sold out to the Family. :lol: It would be fitting if A2 passed BA even if it still flopped.

They slashed the marketing budget, so it will actually break even if it passes Black Adam worldwide 

Edited by HummingLemon496

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Of the ones I watched today...if I have to pick one I might watch (separate from Dune 2, b/c I still haven't decided what I'm doing there, but I know what I'm getting with Dune 2), it's probably Fall Guy, but even then I'm not sold...it seems fun, but Gosling doesn't quite have Cruise's "it" factor for these types of movies...

Since it was a mostly empty room (about 25 folks), no real huge reactions and none of the movies won over my spouse and kids for an "OMG, we have to see it"...at least not yet...

Ok your opinion is interesting

I think IO2 will be the biggest hit of the year , Deadpool 3 second and Joker 2 in the third place , Despicable Me 4 and Mufasa complete my top 5 but i think the last movie quoted will fall a lot compared to its predecessor (-60%) . Dune 2 and Sonic 3 ( if the date hold) will pass the 200M Mark

Biggest surprise for me this year : Fall Guys , Garfield, BeetleJuice 2 , Wicked

Deception or flops of the year :

-Ghostbusters 

- all Sony Movies CBM except maybe Venom 3

- Argylle ( semi deception)

- Apes ( I'm agree with you @TwoMisfits but i think for me the deception is due to 3 things : the fact of don't have the main caracter of the last trilogy , not have the same director and the 7 year gap )

- Bad Boys 4 ( impact of Will Smith Slap and to be opposite the same weekend at IO2 )

- Gladiator 2 ( the last movies of Scott weren't good success , change of actors and don't have the nostalgia effect for me)

- Mufasa ( a little deception )

- Ballerina ( not the Keanu Reeves effect)

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

Never heard of Euphoria until recently. Don’t think it is some sort of phenomenon. Only heard of Sydney Sweeney due to the tabloids 

Have you ever gone outside in the past couple years? Shoot, you don’t even have to. I never watched an episode in my life, and I’ve seen all the memes and people reacting over the show on my Twitter feed. Shit is everywhere.

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I mean, are you gonna wanna watch Apes treat humans as subhuman for $20 of your own money?  I mean, I already have to watch people do it to other people in real life...why would I want to see animals do it to people?

Sure. People suck, monkeys are awesome.

9 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I think IO2 will be the biggest hit of the year , Deadpool 3 second and Joker 2 in the third place , Despicable Me 4 and Mufasa complete my top 5 but i think the last movie quoted will fall a lot compared to its predecessor (-60%) . Dune 2 and Sonic 3 ( if the date hold) will pass the 200M Mark

Biggest surprise for me this year : Fall Guys , Garfield, BeetleJuice 2 , Wicked

-Ghostbusters 

- Apes ( I'm agree with you @TwoMisfits but i think for me the deception is due to 3 things : the fact of don't have the main caracter of the last trilogy , not have the same director and the 7 year gap )

- Bad Boys 4 ( impact of Will Smith Slap and to be opposite the same weekend at IO2 )

- Gladiator 2 ( the last movies of Scott weren't good success , change of actors and don't have the nostalgia effect for me)

Oh, I was only picking from what I got as a trailer...you can see my list in a prior post...

8 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

-Ghostbusters 

Gladiator 2 won't flop. Ladies and OS will save it if it comes to that but I don't think it'll need saving. I think it'll do better than Furiosa. 

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

At 270M already, it would have to really fall off a cliff to not reach 400M 

Considering CS it can happen, but OS reception is better and it’s run so far doesn’t suggest the B on CS is really hurting it

Postrack had it with 4/5 stars from kids under 12 and 5/5 from parents, so while it’s not delivering for a lot of adult CBM fans, it looks like it’s working as a family film.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Oh, I was only picking from what I got as a trailer...you can see my list in a prior post...

Don't worry , you just found an excuse to write my predictions for 2024 , I already had it before asking your opinion , I find that people’s reactions to a trailer are a good success factor or not ( at least for the first weekend )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Like BOSAS's B+. Didn't hurt. CS is unpredictable cause it really depends on OW rush audience rating that may defer from later audience's interest and reception.

For what it's worth, Aquaman's audience score has been steadily rising since its debut. It's still nothing great, but I think it's enough proof that audience reception is better than it was initially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Cine said:

Great Jump for New Year confirmed !!!

This is quickly becoming the most interesting box office run of the season for me. Every other wide release save the two November animated films is down from Christmas to New Years, but ABY is up by a whole 39%, while being R-rated! On New Years Day 2018 and 2007 the only movies that were up from Christmas were also family films (Ferdinand and Wonder in 2018, Charlotte's Web, Happy Feet, and Eragon in 2007), even Jumanji and Greatest Showman were down -15% and -4% respectively! It's quickly become the kind of run where I'm not even sure how to project where it goes from here, which is always more fun to me than an expected $100M opening.

• Like 4