Grand Cine

3/08-3/10 Weekend Estimates : KFP 4 : 58,3M , Dune 2 : 46,3M , Imaginary : 10M , Caprini : 7,6M

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

:insane:
Awesome! Really excited to see what more returning Mario/Nintendo characters will make a comeback in the sequel (aside from the ones that appeared in the first film).

Obviously it should be a Crash Bandicoot crossover because this board has informed me that kids don't like Mario or play his games anymore.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

23 & 19.75

That's so disappointing for Dune 2. Great for Panda 4, but I just wish it wasn't eating into Dune's lunch.

32 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

New super Mario bros sequel announced 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2024/240310.html

April 3rd 2026

2 years to go!!

I want to be excited for this, but after how hollow and dull the first movie was, I don't really feel anything. They'll create another 90-minute key jingling session and it'll still make more than all three Sonic movies combined even if it pulls a King of the Monsters and drops off a lot because of the lack of novelty, because there's no justice in this world.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That's so disappointing for Dune 2. Great for Panda 4, but I just wish it wasn't eating into Dune's lunch.

I want to be excited for this, but after how hollow and dull the first movie was, I don't really feel anything. They'll create another 90-minute key jingling session and it'll still make more than all three Sonic movies combined even if it pulls a King of the Monsters and drops off a lot because of the lack of novelty, because there's no justice in this world.

"so disappointing" is over saying it LMAO. Its 2nd weekend is identical to Oppenheimer and still pointing towards 300M finish.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely feel like I'm reading Dune 2 discourse from an alternate timeline in both last weekend and this weekend's threads. How are we somehow making a clear win sound like a flop? It's opened big and is having good legs as well.

• Like 18

29 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

$20.5M for Dune 2 is the road to $300M.

$19.75M is disappointing.

Slay. Perfect math

Edited by toutvabien
  • Haha 3

Dune 2 - 250m ish domestic plus 400m ish internationally 650m ish worldwide??

ATSV like jump for Dune.

Are horror fans getting more picky?  Nightswim and Imaginary looked bad but that hasnt stopped bad horror movies in years past from opening to 15-20m opening weekend.  The new Omen movie looks DOA and Abigail looks fun like Ready or Not but Dracula horror been bombing.  When are the starving horror fans showing up?

5 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Dune 2 - 250m ish domestic plus 400m ish internationally 650m ish worldwide??

ATSV like jump for Dune.

Are horror fans getting more picky?  Nightswim and Imaginary looked bad but that hasnt stopped bad horror movies in years past from opening to 15-20m opening weekend.  The new Omen movie looks DOA and Abigail looks fun like Ready or Not but Dracula horror been bombing.  When are the starving horror fans showing up?

I’m hoping it can get past 700M.

• Like 1

Does Illumination not have anything coming out for 2025? It's a long gap between DM4 and Mario 2 for Universal's biggest cash cow. But if anything else was in the pipeline, it would probably be announced by now.

2 minutes ago, vafrow said:

Does Illumination not have anything coming out for 2025? It's a long gap between DM4 and Mario 2 for Universal's biggest cash cow. But if anything else was in the pipeline, it would probably be announced by now.

Imagine dreamworks shrek 5 2025 and illumation super Mario bros sequel 2026

universal would be in heaven