kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | estimates | 45.2M GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE | 17.6M DUNE II | 16.8M KFP IV

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

👋 too

As mentioned earlier, Dune 2 got me back to a cinema 🤪😉 (first since COVID), will rewatch it around the end of the work-week

Happy to see so many familiar names

and happy to see you still find the time / energy to provide us with numbers 😍

Still studying?

• Like 3

Record openings for both Neon and IFC. Nice. Glad Immaculate and Late Night with the Devil found some sort of audience. 

Ghostbusters opening to less than the 2016 film. Again. Wonder if this one can beat it worldwide though. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

yeah kind of. at final stage though, couple of bad last few years study wise.

Based on unfriendly teachers, co-students, internship-places or other reasons?

11 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I feel like this is the same number every modern Ghostbusters has opened with.

yep this franchise has found it's ceiling or audience level I guess. The original was really lightning in a bottle. The admission levels for that , compared to the 4 follow ups including the 2016 movie,  are insane. 

I'm almost surprised there hasn't been any attempt at continuing Casper as a big screen property in the nearly 30 years since the '95 movie, which adjusts to well over $200M today. Must be a theatrical film rights issue (I would assume Universal still has them but you never know) because one would do pretty well released around Halloween.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

So Dune’s at $574m WW. Do we think it makes it to 700? 

Will be a photo finish at 700M I think. Something like 280M DOM - 420M OS.

Too much competition in March prevents what could be 750 - 800M.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm almost surprised there hasn't been any attempt at continuing Casper as a big screen property in the nearly 30 years since the '95 movie, which adjusts to well over $200M today. Must be a theatrical film rights issue (I would assume Universal still has them but you never know) because one would do pretty well released around Halloween.

I'd be first in line for a Casper legacy sequel with Christina Ricci

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Yeah, Ghostbusters is basically a family franchise at this point in case it wasn’t obvious before.

Can confirm. At my Target shift today, I had to help a woman pick out a Ghostbusters toy for her 6 year old grandson. Though explaining to this woman what a proton pack is was not very fun. 😞 

7 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Can confirm. At my Target shift today, I had to help a woman pick out a Ghostbusters toy for her 6 year old grandson. Though explaining to this woman what a proton pack is was not very fun. 😞 

I made my own proton pack when I was a kid. 
The toy was way too expensive so I got creative and tethered an old toy gun to one of my backpacks and decorated it with all sorts.  Made a trap as well.  Those were the days