kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

54 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Re King of the Monsters: I can understand basically all of the criticisms that people, who disliked the movie, have written here. Theyre completely valid. The film has a bad script, the fights are often a bit obscured and the rainy asthetic doesnt make it much better.

But for me (and many other Godzilla fans id say), it was just a pure dream come true to finally see Mothra, Rodan and especially King Ghidorah realized with a Hollywood budget. Every time i watch the monster scenes in the film i can completely overlook the movies flaws because im just happy that such a movie even exists in the first place.

I'm with you. I've been team Kotm since it first came out. I remember going into a depressive state while I was following its box office to the point of being physically ill. For a character that such a large impact on my life, childhood and now, the fact it didn't resonate with people at the box office broke my heart. But I realize, I have my own logically sound reasons to love the movie and no one can take that away. I personally don't get the complaint of obscured visuals when it's more clear than 2014 due to the color grading and compositing. I think the cinematography of the film was beautiful and made the monster scenes easy to follow. And even the commentary, for how surface level people may think it was, I believe was executed well. It's a shame future Monsterverse movies and shows are now retroactively ignoring Kotm probably because of its financial standing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Is the Lord of the Rings animated one musical or nah?

Unless i missed something, it wont be a musical.

16 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

After the complete and utter disaster of The Rings of Power, id imagine Tolkien fans either are extremely sceptical now of anything Middle-Earth related that is coming out or maybe in the contrary, will strongly support this movie if its good ofc and respects the lore. I could see both happening.

On a seperate note the Rings of Power soundtrack is really the only thing about that show I unabashedly loved. Bear McCreary slaps and it's a sin that they never brought him back for the Monsterverse especially when we have Junkie XL making mediocre knockoff themes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiefBrody said:

So how certain are we this is beating Dune 2’s WW opening weekend?

Kind of a bummer if it does. 

People will be talking about Dune 2 in 20 years. Pretty sure nobody will remember this Kong movie.

• Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Unless i missed something, it wont be a musical.

"We're Sauron, flyin, there's not a star in Mordor that we can't reach...."

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s supposed to be in the vein of Puss In Boots 2 / SpiderVerse. Not exactly the same aesthetic, but with similar distinctive approach compared to Disney / Pixar.

Still, my main point is that it doesn’t even need to be great to succeed, like The Hobbit. 

Still i have high hopes, the director is very good.

Is it? I thought it was an anime movie. Where it would like Demon Slayer or something. If it’s just Spider-Verse yet again, I lost a ton of interest tbh

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

I saw a bit of footage and the LOTR movie is definitely anime. 

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think it's going to be a huge hit akin to the other lord of the rings movies 

Just now, cannastop said:

Yeah that's what I thought. I don't think it's going to be a huge hit akin to the other lord of the rings movies 

It more or less confirmed what I suspected about it being a TV project being promoted to a theatrical release so Warner can keep the rights

6 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Is it? I thought it was an anime movie. Where it would like Demon Slayer or something. If it’s just Spider-Verse yet again, I lost a ton of interest tbh

It’s an anime movie, you’re right. Hand drawn and all. 

Now i gain a ton of interest haha, I could swear i read it was just stylized 3D somewhere, but it’s not 

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Why would it be a musical?

Because it'd be cool and plenty of the biggest children animated hits are musicals. But I guess that isn't the market for this.