kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

Bob Marley, Dune 2, KFP4 all overperform in relative to expectation before their presale opened. Now GxK is added into the mix. 

Outside of superhero genre, WB actually has very consistent wining steak.  

32 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Does Legendary actually own its Monsterverse films/media?

They likely own the Monsterverse and Monarch trademarks, but all the major monsters from the Godzilla side of things are licensed from Toho.

Without getting into the completely ridiculously crazy rights situation - thanks to them buying Turner which bought RKO - Warner Bros "owns the rights" to King Kong, but any Warner movies are not allowed to use the title or the moniker "King Kong". Only Universal produced Kong movies can use the title King Kong, which is why Warner Kong movies all avoid the phrase "King Kong" and allude to it instead like "Kong is King" and so on. It is similar to Warner's Friday the 13th movies not being able to use the title "Friday the 13th" and instead being like "Jason X" or "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday" 

• Like 3

The tone of this thread feels wildly different to the one for King of the Monsters 5 years ago, where the steep decline of the projections with each passing day was a gut punch to the Goji fans in the site, to the point where some of them even quit the forums altogether for a while. I have a hunch they'll be feeling a lot differently this weekend.

I also wonder where we'd be had Godzilla vs Kong not already started filming, or not been in the can by the time King of the Monsters failed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The tone of this thread feels wildly different to the one for King of the Monsters 5 years ago, where the steep decline of the projections with each passing day was a gut punch to the Goji fans in the site, to the point where some of them even quit the forums altogether for a while. I have a hunch they'll be feeling a lot differently this weekend.

I also wonder where we'd be had Godzilla vs Kong not already started filming, or not been in the can by the time King of the Monsters failed.

So weird how the KOTM BO has become the anomaly now in this franchise...

Yeah i just don’t see sub 75M atp 

80M is likely happening, WOM seems very good at 92% verified RT audience score. PostTrack seems promising as well

“As we told you last night, the audience score on this is high. PostTrak is 5 stars. It’s a really fun, creature feature with a lot of heart”

Feels like that $10M is a round up, but more in the Disney/MCU vein than the more questionable Dune II way 

Will just lower the IM a bit, maybe under 8x