kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | estimates | 15.01M CHALLENGERS | 7.73M UNSUNG HERO | 7.22M GODZILLA×KONG: TNE

We need to go back to the early and mid 1990s challengers is weird but good and will find an audience 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Watched Beekeeper on streaming. That movie is completely unhinged. It's basically one scene of setup and then Statham kills people for 90 minutes.

It deserves all the money it made. The stakes go so stupid high. I was like "OH so we are going HERE now, great lets DO THIS".

• Like 1

I saw Hypnotic on streaming. It is safe to say Robert Rodriguez masturbates with a picture of CHRIST Nolan.

Just a friendly reminder that it was this weekend 5 years ago (same calendar configuration too) that Avengers Endgame premiered and broke a bunch of records. I wonder when we'll get a movie that can top that opening weekend, which is currently the longest held opening weekend record. 

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gokai Red said:

Just a friendly reminder that it was this weekend 5 years ago (same calendar configuration too) that Avengers Endgame premiered and broke a bunch of records. I wonder when we'll get a movie that can top that opening weekend, which is currently the longest held opening weekend record. 

Nah. There may have been a chance if COVID never happened, but that dream is long gone. People don’t care about theaters anymore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Just now, Gokai Red said:

Not in the next 10 years at least. Inflation needs some time to give another movie a chance.

And that is if cinemas even exist when Inflation would theoretically reach that threshold. If we're talking 20 years+ then maybe there wont be simply enough movie theaters to support that kind of opening.

• Like 3

I don't get it. Rating on letterboxd is a high 4.2 and on imdb 7.8 and both are rising, but audiences in theaters reactions were so-so

4vxk7chtkuwc1

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

When? Oh buddy...

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I don't get it. Rating on letterboxd is a high 4.2 and on imdb 7.8 and both are rising, but audiences in theaters reactions were so-so

4vxk7chtkuwc1

Letterboxd is just film twitter. Not the GA

15 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

4vxk7chtkuwc1

Yeah GA reception is mixed but that's not surprising for the director.

Not bad for Challengers assuming that is the pure Thursday number. $20M isn't certain, but a high-$10Ms launch isn't too bad. But yeah, the lack of any appealing product made this month pretty pitiful. Hopefully the busier periods later in the year bring in better results.