AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

On 11/25/2017 at 12:33 PM, JB33 said:

Disney might be crappin' a bit after these reactions to the Frozen short. Then again, I can speak to the opinion of the masses.

I hope so! I'm hearing nothing but contempt for it. We skipped it due to terrible WOM and just showed up for the movie itself.

@Morieris Did you go through with the plan to boycott Olaf? :)

47 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope so! I'm hearing nothing but contempt for it. We skipped it due to terrible WOM and just showed up for the movie itself.

@Morieris Did you go through with the plan to boycott Olaf? :)

Kinda sorta. 

The second time I showed up and there were still like ten minutes to go so I just dealt with it because I kind of like "When We're Together". 

50 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Kinda sorta. 

The second time I showed up and there were still like ten minutes to go so I just dealt with it because I kind of like "When We're Together". 

Yeah, we caught the end too cause we didn't want to risk to miss the beginning of the movie. 

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No one knows, I guess. Maybe no one will replace Lasseter.

It's always possible there's nothing more to the allegations than what we know rn and he's simply temporarily standing down to weather the storm.  I feel like if there was more, more would be coming rn.

38 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No one knows, I guess. Maybe no one will replace Lasseter.

33 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's always possible there's nothing more to the allegations than what we know rn and he's simply temporarily standing down to weather the storm.  I feel like if there was more, more would be coming rn.

Not necessarily the best source but:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/11/24/source-john-lasseter-already-out-of-pixar-for-good-disney-waiting-to-announce-after-coco-oscar-run

I got this from an animation blog.

• Like 2

If there were really more incidents with Lasseter or anyone else I can't imagine why one would have reason to hold back on making them public now. The top dog has been taken down, there's nothing to lose and they have the press' full attention.

I don't think Stanton is interested in running Pixar full-time. He probably wants to return to Stranger Things next season in a bigger capacity and I'm sure he now has the clout to do so; and he's also attempting to develop an indie project with one of the writers on that series. Docter perhaps could but I don't know if he really wants to lead the entire company the way Lasseter did; he doesn't strike me as a really political guy. Jim Morris, Darla K Anderson and Mary Coleman are some other possibilities.

Edited by tribefan695

A friend of mine was pissy because she took her kids to see it and was unaware of the 30 minute Frozen short that played before the film. She thought they were playing the wrong film, so she and a few other people apparently got mad and left, demanding their money back because of this. Then she found out the truth when she came home. Sounds like a mess. :ohmygod:

Aside from this, reception I've seen has been positive. People hated the short, though.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Disney should drop the short altogether. It seems to be driving away people from both Coco and possibly Frozen 2. Release it on VOD or blu-ray and get it done with.

I think it's only gonna be running before Coco another two weeks.

The Frozen short was cute...for five minutes. Then it just went on and on and on and on and on. Can't say I'm surprised a lot of people are complaining.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Panda said:

Even if that is the case, there's no way he 'll ever be back at an official position. Disney doesn't kid around when it comes to protecting its brand, even if PIXAR isn't exactly Disney, they 'll never risk someone bringing up this story again.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Even if that is the case, there's no way he 'll ever be back at an official position. Disney doesn't kid around when it comes to protecting its brand, even if PIXAR isn't exactly Disney, they 'll never risk someone bringing up this story again.

And Lasseter isn't just Pixar, but WDAS as well. Very testy situation.

• Like 1

Bahahahahha, the hate is real!:bravo:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/coco-viewers-hate-that-frozen-short/

Pixar & Disney’s shorts have normally been met with praise, though there have been notable exceptions (looking at you “Lava”), but a Twitter poll conducted by Vox has revealed that audiences appeared to have had an overwhelmingly negative reaction to “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure,” the “Frozen” spin-off short that aired in front of “Coco”.

The reason? It’s not really a short. “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” was originally planned as an ABC holiday special and so runs a full twenty-one minutes long along with having a child-safe network TV sensibility. Critics and those who saw advanced screenings of “Coco” weren’t shown the ‘short’ either to likely stop it from possibly skewing reviews.

In fact there’s now reports some theaters in Mexico have just stopped playing “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” altogether after complaints. Whether U.S. and other global cinemas will follow suit isn’t clear, but this marks the previously unassailable “Frozen” brand being on the receiving end of some backlash.

Edited by Valonqar

Once upon a time when people went to see a movie there would not only be shorts before the film but often also a B film shown.  All for the price of a quarter or less.. 

Now people get extra free content and are pissy.  But they're fine with sitting down and watching 20+ minutes of ads and trailers.

Conditioning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Once upon a time when people went to see a movie there would not only be shorts before the film but often also a B film shown.  All for the price of a quarter or less.. 

Now people get extra free content and are pissy.  But they're fine with sitting down and watching 20+ minutes of ads and trailers.

Conditioning.

And to be honest, the Frozen Short felt shorter than 20 minutes to me.

• Like 1