AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

Just got back from this. It's not my favourite Pixar film (neither is Wall-E despite what my profile pic might suggest), but it's certainly up there with the best of them. Plot is familiar Pixar fare, but I don't mind as long as it's written well, which it is. And the music and visuals are amazing.

As for the Olaf "short", I don't hate it with every fibre of my body, but it's pretty bad. It's ridiculously bland and overly long, and the transitions to the songs are not smooth at all. Also the aspect ratio bugged the hell out of me because of the ridiculous crop.

• Like 2

Great new from China, Friday with 51.5M up 106% from Thursday and up over 300%+ from OD. 100M is locked and loaded with great shot at 150M+. If legs continue even 200M isn't out of the question. Mexico and China will account for over 200M!!! Phenomenal performance so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Great new from China, Friday with 51.5M up 106% from Thursday and up over 300%+ from OD. 100M is locked and loaded with great shot at 150M+. If legs continue even 200M isn't out of the question. Mexico and China will account for over 200M!!! Phenomenal performance so far.

What are we looking at for the worldwide total?

5 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Great new from China, Friday with ¥51.5M up 106% from Thursday and up over 300%+ from OD. $100M is locked and loaded with great shot at $150M+. If legs continue even $200M isn't out of the question. Mexico and China will account for over $200M!!! Phenomenal performance so far.

Fixed for those who don't know between Yuan and USD

• Like 1

This movie depends on it's legs and for what we know for the moment it had great legs in every market it was released. Let's hope it can get to 1 billion as Zootopia. If it makes more than DM3 WW I will be so happy. I love original and good movies to do great (and better than sequels)

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You keep on bringing up $1b. I don't think the DOM performance will be enough for that, let alone the European numbers.

Imaginary Path to 1B :P :

China: $175M

DOM: $270M

Mexico: $60M

Japan: $70M (doesn't exact have to break out but has to do well enough)

Rest of the world : 425M (about exactly the same as Inside out WW - DOM, China, Mexico and Japan)

So, quite a stretch, but.... yeah 850 - 900M may be something to look forward to for now.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

Imaginary Path to 1B :P :

China: $175M

DOM: $270M

Mexico: $60M

Japan: $70M (doesn't exact have to break out but has to do well enough)

Rest of the world : 425M (about exactly the same as Inside out WW - DOM, China, Mexico and Japan)

So, quite a stretch, but.... who knows.

Realistically:

China: $150m

Dom: $250m

Mexico: $60m

Japan: $25m

Rest Of the World: $355m

Worldwide Total: $840m

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You keep on bringing up $1b. I don't think the DOM performance will be enough for that, let alone the European numbers.

is there anything wrong with European numbers? Sorry, they are discussed in multiple country-by-country threads so I'm getting a bit lost.