Eric Deetz

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

Glad I never got spoiled for this movie. I kinda stopped following all this superhero movie stuff about a year ago or a bit more so all the surprises were really good in this. It should do really well as it’s a real crowd pleaser. 

Why did the 100 Deadpools want to fight Deadpool?  I feel like the movie had alot of the same problems as The Flash and Multiverse of Madness. With the Multiverse stuff it feels like nothing matters the movies have no stakes.  It did have some fun parts.  The 15-20 slow motion superhero shots felt like filler....same with the 2nd Deadpool Wolverine fight in the car.  Wolverine was the best part of the film but I already saw sad, depressed Wolverine done better in Logan.  

I love the first Deadpool and liked part 2 but this one was kinda mid. 5/10.  

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Some people don't get this is basically a comedy, not a noraml CBM.

Exactly. If it was a standard CBM it'd look kind of stupid, but the winkingness and some dumb plot points are missing the point.

I'm glad here that the cameos weren't blink and you miss it style cameo's, but actually served the story.

Overall? The humour was a bit hit and miss but there were more than enough humour to make it enjoyable. Although, bits of it did fly over my head a bit. Perhaps if I were a bit older (and grew up with the Fox/New Line Marvel franchises) I might've got a bit more out of it. Solid B/B+ for me.

That was solid, but I don’t think it’s going to hold up as well as the first two. I do think it’s a better film than the first Deadpool on balance, but so much of what makes this one special are the reveals. Those moments. IMO, Deadpool 2 (rewatched both the first two and Logan past few days) is the best of the 3.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Overall, really liked it, though for only two hours it actually felt a little long.

Agreed! Only 2hours7 mins but I felt it.

So did Deadpool lol, he says “I promise we’re getting there” in the 3rd act. 

I don't think anything was gonna happen with the time ripper at the end, the whole this machine will accelerate the destruction of this "dying" universe thing looked and seemed pretty fake to me.

Edited by RealLyre
word

B+

The whole build up to the Johnny Storm cameo was the best gag. The film alludes to Captain America making a cameo as Deadpool builds up his character. As soon as they get into action, Evans yells "Flame on!", and proceeds to royally fumble his introduction. I lost it. I thought more jokes landed in this than 2. It still doesn't capture the lightning in a bottle magic of the original. That has more to do with the timing of the original's release than anything.

Edited by ThePhasmid

Like 2/5 compared to 3/5 previous films , far inferior film compared to first two films. 

It's Deadpool lines , wolverine presence & cameos that push forwards the movie instead of good or atleast decent story & screenplay.

The film story & screenplay goes directionless after first act with a bunch of entertaining cameos & never makes it way back.

There isn't a single standout or exciting  action sequence since there is no proper antagonist or story.

Foremost thing Disney to do is stop making Series for Disney + , lot of people aren't watching Series. Now , with these films being continuation to the Series , lot of audience are finding it difficult to follow and losing interest in MCU.

18 hours ago, Reddroast said:

As for why some critic dispise this: the opening. 

I will agree the opening was the weakest part of the film. The film continually got better after the opening credits, which is roughly 10 minutes into the film.

Just out of curiosity, does Jackman get a chance to sing in this/

He is pretty good at it, you know. I regret I was never able to get to NYC to  see him as Harold Hill in 'The Music Man".

Total mixed bag for me. I love the opening 5 or 10 minutes, kind of hated the next half hour which was all exposition and way way too wordy. The cameos were unlike anything I was expecting and that was quite amazing. Was not expecting to see Tatum and Snipes and Garner, that was pretty awesome. The second half is definitely much much better than the first half. I think I'm going to have to see it a second time before I actually give it a grade because I don't know how I feel about it right now. The first two were fantastic this one right now I just don't know how to feel about it. I liked a lot of the parts I just don't know if I like the whole thing.

• Like 1

This is NOT a film but an extended SNL sketch lol. From that perspective, it's largely enjoyable. Carried almost entirely by the affability and charisma of the two leads.

It sure does make NWH look much better in comparison proving that even "fanboy service" requires efficiency and capability.

Speaking of, the anti-multiverse comments were so disingenuous. No Marvel, it's just YOU who largely suck at it. Everything Everywhere All At Once and the Spider-Verse films are as delightful as The Wizard of Oz. Even your best multiverse film was a Sony co-production. 

It's not a multiverse problem

jackie-redmond-jackie.gif

Also, Feige wouldn't have allowed for those comments if he wasn't so enthusiastic to end this saga and unleash The Mutant Saga. So it's just very cynical and off-putting.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1