Eric the Marxist

Spoilers | Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) Spoiler Thread

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

Loved the Bye Bye Bye dance but some of the people had a tantrum for She-Hulk twerking are applauding this irritates the shit out of me.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I have a question. I get that part of the Human Torch joke was that Deadpool was expecting the awesome Chris Evans Captain America. But is part of the joke also that the Fantastic 4 movies were really bad? Like, they really went out of their way to mock The Human Torch, he also doesn't have any solid action scenes unlike Blade and Elektra. I kinda feel bad for F4 fans who would have wanted Evans to have done more than just be a laughing stock. Or are most F4 fans laughing just like the rest of us?

yes? obviously? the fantastic four films were widely panned and there is no real nostalgia for them. same with every other non-Xmen Fox movies.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

yes? obviously? the fantastic four films were widely panned and there is no real nostalgia for them. same with every other non-Xmen Fox movies.

I've heard very good things about the director's cut of daredevil

27 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think the human torch was a punching bag in this because it was Chris Evans not because he was in a bad fantastic four movie.

I mean, yeah, did you see what he was doing to the budget!?!?

• Haha 1

Deadpool giving Elektra his condolences for Daredevil dying and her reaction being "oh, it's fine" in the most I-don't-care manner possible was one of the biggest laughs in the entire movie for me. I can't help but appreciate that this movie leaves no stone unturned even if it meant digging through the off-screen baggage of the actors for a chuckle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, YM! said:

Loved the Bye Bye Bye dance but some of the people had a tantrum for She-Hulk twerking are applauding this irritates the shit out of me.

Because to some people when a male acts silly and clowns around it's funny, but when a female does it then it is annoying as hell because women can't be funny.

• Like 1

I know it’s dumb to try and make sense of continuity in a Deadpool film, but since this movie made a big deal out of how Logan is part of the same universe/timeline as the Deadpool movies, wouldn’t that mean that Deadpool’s X-Men friends are going to die soon? its established that this movie takes place in 2024, which would mean that the events of Logan are only five years away. 

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I know it’s dumb to try and make sense of continuity in a Deadpool film, but since this movie made a big deal out of how Logan is part of the same universe/timeline as the Deadpool movies, wouldn’t that mean that Deadpool’s X-Men friends are going to die soon? its established that this movie takes place in 2024, which would mean that the events of Logan are only five years away. 

Why didn't Wade just travel in time and grab Logan from years ago when he was healthy? 

Captain America: Brave New World’s press tour will be absolute gold.

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

My head canon is that while both Deadpool’s and the Logan’s universe are Earth-10005, that universe already is fractured.

It goes like this: because Deadpool’s universe happens in real time and addresses real life events and even started Deadpool 2 shitting on Wolverine for dying on Logan, Logan dying already happened despite being Earth-10005. Hence why time in Deadpool’s world is messy, we have a Colossus that is different than Cudmore’s Colossus and at same time the X-Men that show up in Deadpool 2 are supposed the ones set in the 80s, they aren’t even the ones set in the 90s from Dark Phoenix.

Since time goes by in real time in Deadpool’s Earth-10005, Logan already died. It’s like Deadpool exists in a pocket dimension, the X-Men on Deadpool’s timeline doesn’t really make sense and are basically Colossus, Negasonic and Yukio. How they will make sense out of that I have no clue, but I’m kinda not sure what version of the X-Men we would get in Secret Wars / Doomsday, if we get them.

I know it annoys some people but honestly I didn't ever care about how the plot for this one was gonna go. Just wanted it to have good humor and a ton of silly cameos. So it was essentially exactly what I wanted lol.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

I know it annoys some people but honestly I didn't ever care about how the plot for this one was gonna go. Just wanted it to have good humor and a ton of silly cameos. So it was essentially exactly what I wanted lol.

Yeah people being disappointed in the thin plot and story. Like have you people not seen the first two movies?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YM! said:

Bye Bye dance is your typical Deadpool style intro. All Deadpool movie literally start  that way for the most part. 

Maybe Reynolds so much better at pulling it off just like fourth wall stuff.

She hulk scene twerking  scene feels out of place  and is cringe.just feels like writers just said let's put in this scene in here without much of a goal or purpose.

Everything in that show just felt like comedy for comedy's sake . Let's do fourthwall bse character does fourthwall and makes it boring , unfunny and really forced

One is directed by showrunners who have no clue how to handle live action shows and clearly  just throwing shit on the wall  and another directed by solid director and actor who clearly understands the character  and all the quirks .

Difference is night and Day.

Execution in Deadpool is miles  ahead better

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

The only good thing about this movie was Chris Evans

Such effortlessly he can play 2 different type of superheroes so well

Rest I am not big fan. Gambit was so bad specially after Xmen97 

3/10

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Because to some people when a male acts silly and clowns around it's funny, but when a female does it then it is annoying as hell because women can't be funny.

Ok let's have wolverine,reed Richards,strange do Deadpool  hijinks silliness etc.. and guarantee we would all hate it

Not saying those characters can't have humour but there is a reason Paul rudd was more a comedic relief  than most of these.

Deadpool is this kind of character and he  can get away with more silly and wacky concepts and Ryan really born to play that character and the reason we are able to buy it is due to the talent and smart writing.

It's not about " women can't be funny and silly things  "  it's the execution behind the camera that sells it .