AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

2 hours ago, Ryan C said:

It looks like Borderlands taking some PLFs did not hurt Deadpool and Wolverine one bit. Love to see that. 

I'm still saying that this movie gets to $650M domestically. The race for #1 at the 2024 domestic box office continues. 

My local put Borderlands in the IMAX screen at 9 AM, then had Deadpool in it for the rest of the day.

A 55 weekend I think for me makes me more comfortable with above Barbie in the 640s but I just gotta see how it holds up on the weekdays this week and after the PLF cuts next weekend and it's all gravy 

20 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

My local put Borderlands in the IMAX screen at 9 AM, then had Deadpool in it for the rest of the day.

Theater chains would be crazy not to. Borderlands is the true void.

20 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Same, but Borderlands is only showing at 4:45PM while Deadpool and Wolverine has all the other showtimes for the IMAX theater. 

I'm just glad that it didn't do any damage to Deadpool and Wolverine's run because that would've seriously sucked. 

Inside Out 2 is locked to beat Jurassic World domestically and it will kick it out of the top 10 DOM. Deadpool & Wolverine might push it down to 12.

But in terms of admissions, Jurassic World still wins. 55M for DPW, 60M for IO2, and 66M for Jurassic World. In fact, only five movies post Jurassic World sold more tickets than Jurassic World (and it's almost been a decade since JW). They are Star Wars: The Force Awakens (90M), Black Panther (69M), Avengers: Endgame (83.5M), Spider-Man: No Way Home (70M), and Top Gun: Maverick (68M). I think we'll have to wait until 2026 (Avengers 5/Shrek 5 have a shot) to get another movie that sells more tickets than Jurassic World domestically.

Edited by HummingLemon496

36 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Here in Turkey it isn't getting an IMAX release. Like, at all. Despite our local posters featuring the IMAX logo. Instead, Deadpool is holding on to all screens and showing until Alien next weekend. Our distributor must have smelled the dud from galaxies away.

39 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Same here, it one one early showing and nothing else. Deadpool didn't suffer from much PLF loss this weekend in the first place, which is why I'm waiting for next weekend. I don't think it'll be a huge drop though which would secure 650. 

50 minutes ago, Avatree said:

i mean that's quite common for books to increase sales when the movie comes out. i guess i just mean that i haven't heard anyone ever talk about this film, and haven't seen any marketing at all for it.

You probably just aren’t the target demo. Book fans were aware and excited for it.

seems twister is locked for 250 million 

which is good post covid we don't get many 200 million dollar hits it seems its sub 200 or over 300 

in 2023 there were only 2 200-300 million hits and 2022 had none I think.

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

i mean that's quite common for books to increase sales when the movie comes out. i guess i just mean that i haven't heard anyone ever talk about this film, and haven't seen any marketing at all for it.

132 weeks on the top 10 of most selling books Is not because of the movie that come this week.

It's the most popular book ever on booktok with over 100M videos about It and It has sold 8M copies in the US. Which mean with audiobooks, libraries, eBooks, illegal eBooks etc..probably 20m or more people in america read the book. 

That's only is enough to make 150 m domestic, without counting people don't read books but Wmwatch movies. Of course not everyone read the book Is interested to watch the movie but shows what the potential is and from where a 45-50m first weekend comes.

As i said yesterday anyways like you i think the promotion wasn't that good . Universal would have made the debut even bigger. I don't know if the supposed drama between the director and the cast had an impact on the promotion too.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Give me Twisters over Dune 2

It's very possible.It's really digging in there and there is no upcoming movie that should eat into it's audience. It seems to be a movie that is hitting a very diverse middle American audience that none of the big Opening movies that follow are really hurting that much. Kind of a mini Maverick in a way.

18 hours ago, Assassin said:

gnirwhlcnrhd1.png

Wow, I knew this would be the Battlefield Earth of this year!

It even got the same D+ CinemaScore. It's crazy to see such a high budgeted blockbuster getting a CinemaScore in the D range. Not even Fant4stic got a D+

Other than that hilarious Battlefield Earth movie ( featuring a crazy John Travolta as an alien, lol ), I only remember a movie with Milla Jovovich ( where she was a vampire fighting against a corporation ) and a Vin Diesel movie getting a D+

5 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Inside Out 2 is locked to beat Jurassic World domestically and it will kick it out of the top 10 DOM. Deadpool & Wolverine might push it down to 12.

But in terms of admissions, Jurassic World still wins. 55M for DPW, 60M for IO2, and 66M for Jurassic World. In fact, only five movies post Jurassic World sold more tickets than Jurassic World (and it's almost been a decade since JW). They are Star Wars: The Force Awakens (90M), Black Panther (69M), Avengers: Endgame (83.5M), Spider-Man: No Way Home (70M), and Top Gun: Maverick (68M). I think we'll have to wait until 2026 (Avengers 5/Shrek 5 have a shot) to get another movie that sells more tickets than Jurassic World domestically.

Has anyone checked on @Brainbug?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Deadpool won't surpass inside out. Inside out made a 65M full third week (third weekdays + 4th weekend). Deadpool can dream of that.  Then for inside out a 38M full fourth week.

The difference between the two movies Is already of just 20-25M.

Read the numbers geeks! It's over 🤩

Repeating the same nonsense over and over won’t make it any more true 😛 

My bold predictions for this year and next 2-3 years.. 

All the remaining MCU movies will either flop or underwhelm except Doomsday and Secret wars ( Post secret wars The MCU will go on hiatus for sometime and reboot on return) I forgot to Add Spiderman 4 will survive the shitshow and do good numbers.

Hugh Jackmanns wolverine will appear in Spider-man 4, Doomsday and Secret wars. 

The Deadpool character won´t be back again. 

Mufasa does 1B + 

Avatar 3 won´t flop but will underperform massively and people will start talking 

The Alien franchiese comes back alive after the success of Alien-Romulus we will see several sequels and prequels 

FX part 2 underperforms but movie will be critically acclaimed and the critics will love it (Which will be a major surprise) 

Riddick 4 becomes huge success 

Mission Impossible flops

Blade will be released and underperform massively

Dweyne Johnson the Rock will make more money  ( I had to include this just for the laughs)

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1