CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

20 hours ago, Asyulus said:

1 bllion locked.

I was thinking that before Spectre but not so much anymore.  Unfortunately, I think the movie will get slaughtered when it gets to the US. The ratings are pretty low (I predict 60s when it hits the US or early 70s) and the reviews have been ranging from bad to average. It may be breaking records in UK, but I don't think it will do as good as it could have US wise.  I guess you never know though.  We will see.

50 minutes ago, Audrey said:

I was thinking that before Spectre but not so much anymore.  Unfortunately, I think the movie will get slaughtered when it gets to the US. The ratings are pretty low (I predict 60s when it hits the US or early 70s) and the reviews have been ranging from bad to average. It may be breaking records in UK, but I don't think it will do as good as it could have US wise.  I guess you never know though.  We will see.

Or...or maybe it can be critic-proof and still do well enough..

You know, like Minions....critics & audience reception are half split on the movie...but look how that turned out.

Even TF4, still made 1.1B WW..despite the atrocious reception from critics & audience alike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Audrey said:

The ratings aren't stellar, but are far from being bad/poor. They are solid enough for a this kind of blockbuster films

8 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Or...or maybe it can be critic-proof and still do well enough..

You know, like Minions....critics & audience reception are half split on the movie...but look how that turned out.

Even TF4, still made 1.1B WW..despite the atrocious reception from critics & audience alike.

Critic proof movies are expected to be low brow and silly.

These recent Bond movies are expected to be sophisticated and classy.

#BadReviewsMatter

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it, I don't think it does this movie a disservice to say it isn't as good as Skyfall because that's an incredibly high bar to reach. It's a bit tipsy-turvy in pacing but the action set-pieces are really great and generally all the performances are strong. The opening sequence is stunning! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

Watching Goldeneye for the first time and HOLY FUCK THIS SOUNDTRACK IS GARBAGE!!!!

What's going on here?

Yeah that was the one big complaint in the movie. They tried to be hip and modern with the soundtrack and it didn't work. The ones preceding fixed that problem.