Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

8 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Kinda laughing at the review that's just complaining it's not happy like the Disney one.

I was kinda turned off by it seeing how absolutely hideous some of the animals are.

I know you have to distance yourself from the Disney version somehow but jeez, the human-esque faces on them really do not morph well.

Edited by cookie

Didn't see either of Disney's Jungle Books and honestly - I liked this? Uneven in parts, the CGI animal approach here may not be for everyone but actually helped sell that they could talk, but overall realy quite good. Voice cast was amazing.

Edited by antovolk

I didn't really care for the Disney live-action remake. That said, the move to Netflix for this film gave me a bit of worry about the project when that was announced and it seems like there was some validity to that worry.

It's a shame tho. I love Andy Serkis and I'll always root for him and any of his future projects that he delves into. Seems like this one was just a mixed effort.

Edited by Rorschach

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I didn't really care for the Disney live-action remake. That said, the move to Netflix for this film gave me a bit of worry about the project when that was announced and it seems like there was some validity to that worry.

It's a shame tho. I love Andy Serkis and I'll always root for him and any of his future projects that he delves into. Seems like this one was just a mixed effort.

This film was always a risky endeavor anyway, especially compared to the Jon Favreau version. At the very least, I appreciate that Andy Serkis was apparently allowed to do something different, even if it didn’t really work out. 

Damn! This movie definitely lived up to its promise of being darker than the Disney versions. If you have kids who love the Disney versions, you probably shouldn’t show them this movie. I’m not super familiar with the source material, but if it’s anything like this movie, I can definitely see why Walt Disney insisted on changing the hell out of it when the animated film was made. 

I’m honestly not sure what to make of this movie. It certainly seems like it’ll stick with me longer than the 2016 film, but I’m not surprised that critics prefer the latter.