Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

I wouldn't count out overseas markets yet. They love their VFX-driven spectacles. I can see this making enough to not be a bomb, especially if critics like it. We'll see. I mean, even if I have already seen Disney's Jungle Book, I still want to see this to compare it with the Disney version, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm sure it'll be a The 5th Wave, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, and xXx: Return of Xander Cage on a bit of a grander scale with good word of mouth.

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I wouldn't count out overseas markets yet. They love their VFX-driven spectacles. I can see this making enough to not be a bomb, especially if critics like it. We'll see. I mean, even if I have already seen Disney's Jungle Book, I still want to see this to compare it with the Disney version, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm sure it'll be a The 5th Wave, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, and xXx: Return of Xander Cage on a bit of a grander scale with good word of mouth.

They love VFX-Driven Spectacles when there is ....Spectacle to be seen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Correction, they've updated the design in response to complaints

87ez1cg24sl01.png

What are they thinking?! That's gonna scare the children! Why aren't they thinking of the children?! Geez Louise!

Spoiler

:hahaha: I walked right into that one!

Edited by Slambros

With the darker direction of marketing, I don't think the general audience will be much excited. The movie still looks pretty much redundant. 

The fact that WB decided to schedule this in October makes it bomb harder. It reminds me of their choice for dumping Geostorm or Pan. Where the Wild Things Are did not reallt break out the way lots of us expect it to do. Second half of October is usually a dead zone for potential blockbuster, unless you have strong sequels like Scary Movie, Jack Ass or HSM. Casual moviegoers will skip this and spend their dollars on the new Halloween movie.

Personally, I feel pity for Andy Serkis and there is no going back for him. My best wish is for it to do Tarzan's number.

Edited by boxofficeth