Eric is Gay for Venom

VENOM: THE LAST DANCE WEEKEND THREAD

https://deadline.com/2024/10/box-office-venom-the-last-dance-1236158112/

The threequel gets 3 1/2 stars on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak which isn’t far from the original 2018 movie and the 2021 sequel’s four stars. Parents and kids under 12 gave the movie 5 stars. Slightly more dads went last night at 53%, but moms got pulled into this Tom Hardy movie, too, at 47%.

I’ll still take the under $60M OW off that higher than expected preview (weak Fri sales + pre-Halloween weekend doesn’t inspire a strong IM expectation), but probably a mid to high $50M debut rather than flirting with dropping into $40s 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What's everyone's top 5 Spider-man villains from the comics or movies?

I haven't actually read comics so as for the movies 

1. Green Goblin (Raimi version) 

2. Octopus 

3. Venom 

4. The Spot 

5. Mysterio

• Like 1

Worth mentioning that the World Series will probably be a bigger box office depressor than usual this year (much to my personal chagrin). Two glamorous big market teams with highly visible star players, it's expected to draw huge ratings.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AniNate said:

$500k previews for Conclave according to Deadline, seems like a solid start

Yeah, especially for a film that's probably appealing more to older audiences that don't feel the need to rush out. We Live in Time had similar preview numbers last week on less screens but with much more youth appeal and made over $4M for the weekend, I wonder if this can crack $5M and $3,000+ PTA, which would honestly be one of the better results for an Oscar-y release post-COVID.

Joker -71% from last Thursday (!!!), does it drop below $1M for 4th (Edit) WEEK?

Edited by M37

33 minutes ago, JonathanMB said:

Yeah, especially for a film that's probably appealing more to older audiences that don't feel the need to rush out. We Live in Time had similar preview numbers last week on less screens but with much more youth appeal and made over $4M for the weekend, I wonder if this can crack $5M and $3,000+ PTA, which would honestly be one of the better results for an Oscar-y release post-COVID.

A24’s wide break of We Live in Time in weekend 3 landed on PostTrak with 4 1/2 stars, 83% positive and 63% definite recommend off 61% females. In regular grosses, not including last night’s wide previews, the Andrew Garfield-Florence Pugh feature financed by Studio Canal drew an estimated $516K Thursday, -9% from Wednesday, for a $6.55M week and running total of $6.8M. The John Crowley-directed weepy romance is expected to ring up around $5M this weekend in its 2,000-theater break.

2 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Just a random question but since this is the Venom weekend thread, other than Joker is there any CBM villain that could get a movie as big as the first Venom? Or at least close to that 

Dr Doom

But it would need to be properly executed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Couldn’t find the thread for it but I watched We Live in Time instead of Venom 3 last night and it was pretty bad. People gotta start expecting more out of their romances

I want to see it for Florence, but I find Andrew Garfield insufferable.

He’s insincere to the point of nausea. 

36 minutes ago, M37 said:

Joker -71% from last Thursday (!!!), does it drop below $1M for 4th (Edit) WEEK?

Easily. It’s losing more than half of its theatres (1600 out of 2800). It’s also losing the contractual IMAX screens and it has a direct CBM competitor.