Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Would be hilarious if this was pulled...again.  But yeah, at this point, I think they're going to just let the thing sink or swim.

Yeah. It's not like Disney/Fox has a lot riding on this;a 4o to 50 Million budget is a minor release nowdays.

I note that Disney is not spending much on marketing for this;I think they have pretty much written it off.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:07 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

hopefully this is good most Marvel films have been disappointing recently except Captain Marvel

Uh, New Mutants is NOT a Marvel Studio movie;it the last film of the Fox X Men franchsie.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Deadpool joing MCU ?

Deadpool was sort of off in his own little corner of the X Men Universe.

But OK, you are right;my point is the Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige had nothing to do with the filming of New Mutants, and apparently did not make any changes to what they got from Fox. They wanted to spend as little as possible on the film. It's going out as is from Fox.

Which is a reason to be pessimistic, since almost everybody ,including the director, said NM needed reshoots, which it did not get.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sad that we will never have Deadpool and Tony Stark trying to out snark each other. That would have been fun.

"No one's ever really gone."  See: Holograms in Endgame.  Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

New Mutants: This Time, It's Not Our Fault!

I don't want to sound flippant about the Corona virus but it has given a Get Out Of Jail Free card for studio management for  every film that flops for the next couple of months at least: at the stockholders meetings, they can blame it on the virus.

Edited by dudalb

59 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"No one's ever really gone."  See: Holograms in Endgame.  Nothing would surprise me anymore. 

I would not mind Stark showing up again in flashbacks or a time travel situation, but I doubt Feige is going to bring him back from the dead.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't want to sound flippant about the Corona virus but it has given a Get Out Of Jail Free card for studio management for  every film that flops for the next couple of months at least: at the stockholders meetings, they can blame it on the virus.

It’s not a “get out of jail free” card when the lasting impact the Coronavirus leaves on the economy, in addition to the acceleration of the decline of general moviegoing/shift to home streaming that will come from the virus, all results in a natural contraction of the cinema industry.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

It’s not a “get out of jail free” card when the lasting impact the Coronavirus leaves on the economy, in addition to the acceleration of the decline of general moviegoing/shift to home streaming that will come from the virus, all results in a natural contraction of the cinema industry.

I agree, but I was only talking in terms of Disney management getting the stockholders off their backs because a specific film bombs.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:49 PM, OncomingStorm93 said:

I kinda almost want some of these studios to release their smaller to mid scale films on digital during this virus and then delay the bigger moneymakers. Lemmie wake up one morning in April and stream New Mutants on Google Play or something.

Won't happen though.

• Like 2