Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

BOM records that are going downBiggest MayBiggest OWBiggest SummerSummer StartsRated PG-13Biggest 4-DayBiggest 5-DayBiggest SaturdayFastest to 100mFastest to 150mFastest to 200m?Biggest Sunday?Second Weekend?Biggest 9-Day?Biggest 10-Day?

• Like 1

TDKR is in trouble. :(And I officially can't even keep up with the thread in REAL TIME. I haven't left! And I'm two pages behind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's funny even though I picked TDKR to win the summer and the year, I would be fine with Avengers beating it. I never really root for one movie over the other(well maybe anything beating the Twilight films) Edited by DAR

BOM records that are going downBiggest MayBiggest OWBiggest SummerSummer StartsRated PG-13Biggest 4-DayBiggest 5-DayBiggest SaturdayFastest to 100mFastest to 150mFastest to 200m?Biggest Sunday?Second Weekend?Biggest 9-Day?Biggest 10-Day?

All of those will happen.

OK folks, I've decided to start my one week exile right now.

See you next Saturday! Enjoy all the epicness... I'll keep up via Twitter... :unsure:

No... wait.... postpone the exile.

History is in making here!!

I think this is TERRIFIC news for TDKR. Everyone who sees Avengers this weekend is coming back out for TDKR in July, no? I also think Avengers's sure-to-be-swell word of mouth is bad news for Dark Shadows and more bad news for Battleship...

• Like 3

It's not that TDKR is in trouble I just think the Avengers has a better chance to have better legs cause it's not as dark as this final chapter of Batman will be. I think Kids will flock to this even more for all the superheros. It's not just 1 Hero to like, in Batman, it's just Batman. Here you have Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap and even the SHIELD Characters are good. So there is more going on with it. I think TDKR will have a huge opening also but I don't know if the legs will beat the Avengers, I could see this cleaning up well through may even with the new openers. I could see The Avengers winning maybe 3 weekends and losing to MIB 3 at the end of the month.

Edited by filmscholar

Oh and I hope whoever said this means TASM is in trouble is right.... I need that movie to fail epically.Ok, bye!

That movie if good, will as certainly not fail epically as Avengers didn't underperform.