Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

TASM2's main problem in Japan isn't that it's an unnecessary reboot (even if that's what it is) TASM doing OK business proves that the spiderman franchise was still popular. 

The main problem for it now is overheated competition. It's a survival of the fittest for showtimes and seats this weekend and fittest TASM2 clearly is not

Based on those early Toho numbers It'll be lucky to open to half of what TASM did 

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1

TASM2's main problem in Japan isn't that it's an unnecessary reboot (even if that's what it is) TASM doing OK business proves that the spiderman franchise was still popular. 

The main problem for it now is overheated competition. It's a survival of the fittest for showtimes and seats this weekend and fittest TASM2 clearly is not

Based on those early Toho numbers It'll be lucky to open to half of what TASM did 

And if it doesn't got a great oppening it will faint away very fast, cause like you said frozen and otherers are killing it.

...............4-26...............4-19109........6392.+36%....4539 last weeks number was down 25%. Odd.Kinezo...5685..-1%.......5751Toho....25879.+8%....23857Labas. Please cut, paste and note the toho page so we can see sing along 3dd. I want see saturation.

From Corpse:"Yeah, it still isn't losing any momentum whatsoever. It's very likely to remain in 1st until mid or late June. Nothing in May poses a threat. And who knows, it might even stay there until the July 19-20 weekend. So potentially 16-18 weeks at #1. Also, calling Frozen by "Frozatar" is a big understatement. It's been tracking 20-25% ahead of Avatar for the past month and will out-gross it in a couple weeks, plus it'll have sold more tickets in a just matter of days (Tuesday/Wednesday most likely). It looks like it's going to become the second or third biggest imported release ever, behind just Titanic and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and it might even challenge the latter. Beating both of them in admissions actually looks possible, too. I've been hesitant on calling ¥20 billion (~$200 million) but... it's become more likely than not.And The Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks headed for borderline bomb territory so far today. If it only does 20,000 or so admissions at Toho for the day, then that means maybe 100,000 or so for the day overall. So 200-225,000 admissions and about ¥300 million ($3 million) for the weekend... down nearly 50% compared to the already underwhelming opening of the first film. Partners the Movie 3 is actually looking stronger."Just awesome for Frozen. I hope it does it.I'm glad Spidey is tanking.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 4

Toho 19.00 frozen 45713

same level of last saturday but tripled 3d admissions

2d dubbed   65,6%

singalong 14,0%

3d dubbed 11,0%

2d subtitled 6,1%

3d subtitled 3,4%

I missed last row

Frozen  45866

Romae 2 29466

Conan 27137

TAMS2 14708

2d dubbed 65,6%

singalong 14,0%

3d dubbed 11,0%

2d subtitled 6,1%

3d subtitled 3,4%

• Like 2

Another weekend above 8M! Hell yeah!

9M is still in play, 8.5+ very likely. Hoping for a stronger evening and 59k admissions. What was toho's exact number last Sat at 7pm?

I'm glad Spidey is tanking.

Me too!

• Like 1

Another weekend above 8M! Hell yeah!

9M is still in play, 8.5+ very likely. Hoping for a stronger evening and 59k admissions. What was toho's exact number last Sat at 7pm?

Me too!

last week - 45636

today      - 45866 

Edited by rhfqkddl45

...............4-26...............4-19109........6392.+36%....4539 last weeks number was down 25%. Odd.Kinezo...5685..-1%.......5751Toho....25879.+8%....23857Labas. Please cut, paste and note the toho page so we can see sing along 3dd. I want see saturation.

singalong Japanese 6269 sold 14176 seat English 146 148
  • Like 1

saturationDubbed 47% S-A 44%3Dd 39%I was hoping to see S-A higher. Jury still out on whether that will stay. Need to see it increase tomorrow, exemplifying WOM. A decrease will prove just a flash in the pan. They left 3D subbed on the TCX screen. 33%. Lost 800 tix sales there. Dubbed regular sold out on TCX 800 tix.the morning was heavier as I noted a possiblity. Early S-A 3Dd hype or women in the afternoon chose RB2 which gained 2400 ticket sales since 1430 vs frozen dubbed. RB2 has 60% more seats than dubbed though.9m is still feasible w sun eve bump

Edited by mfantin65

Yeah, they were hoping for Golden Week bump, even if it has to face strong competitions, hence the unusual earlier release date than US. But they didn't see Frozen coming, nobody did. Although I still think it will open with more than half of TASM's OW. I mean, under 300m yen would be embarrassing.