Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This trailer is mind-blowing great. I got chills like nobody's business. over 200M. easy.

I read somewhere that the original mini-series was watched by 70M to 90M* ppl when it first aired, so I think this remake got some huge nostalgia factor 
for a whole generation. 
I totally agree with you, over 200M easily!

*17M to 19M, sites with fake news are everywhere! :P

Edited by Ohana
correcting data

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

I read somewhere that the original mini-series was watched by 70M to 90M ppl when it first aired, so I think this remake got some huge nostalgia factor 
for a whole generation. 

Holy shit, that's huge for a TV show. 

8 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I read somewhere that the original mini-series was watched by 70M to 90M ppl when it first aired, so I think this remake got some huge nostalgia factor 
for a whole generation. 

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Holy shit, that's huge for a TV show. 

IT received 18.5/20.6 rating from Nielson. Which is on par for Cheers/Rosanne/60 Minutes, the highest rated TV shows that year.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ABwaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5226,6923887&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_hsaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4444,4902230&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

IT received 18.5/20.6 rating from Nielson. Which is on par for Cheers/Rosanne/60 Minutes, the highest rated TV shows that year.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ABwaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5226,6923887&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=_hsaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=siQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4444,4902230&dq=it+abc+ratings&hl=en

Yup, re-checked now, so It's actually 17M to 19M by Wikipedia and not 70M to 90M like I've read somewhere else

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

Yup, re-checked now, so It's actually 17M to 19M by Wikipedia and not 70M to 90M like I've read somewhere else

That number is not possible for the original airing. Once you factor in repeat airings, and VHS/DVD/Blu Ray sales the audience probably expanded 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am supposed to be frightened by clowns with bad teeth and skin because ?

:thinking:

Youd have to see the movie or read the book to understand why. :redcapes:

• Like 1

In addition to the TV ratings, it was the highest selling book of 1986 and one of King's highest selling ever, I think second behind the Dark Tower. Needless to say the entire endeavor is pretty iconic. If I thought this had any chance of being good I would put it at like 55/150. As it stands (expecting mediocre reviews at the very best), I'm putting it around 45/115.

• Like 1

With bad to mediocre reviews in expecting

Previews - $3.4M

OD - $19M

OW - $46M

DOM - $120

With good to great reviews

Previews - $4.1M

OD - $22.3M

OW - $52.5M

DOM: $160M

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

My school rarely talks about new trailers, but this trailer has been exploding recently.  50M is nearly a lock.

Pretty much all the English teachers have been showing the trailer to their classes here

• Like 1

MOD PLEA:

Many of us have read the book.

Probably even more have seen the 1990 TV event.

But that doesn't mean that you can or should discuss spoilers from these two mediums.  Think of this movie like you would any other film.  If Infinity Wars had been made into a novel first, and you discussed the details of that novel, the MARVEL LOONIES  would hang you in effigy.  Please have the same respect for this or any other film that is based on an incredibly popular book or TV show/series/movie.

Thanks everyone.  

• Like 8