Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

7 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

My only issue is that the repetitive aspect in presenting each kid (7 is a lot), their respective fear and ensuing encounters, feels like self-contained vignettes of heterogen nature pasted in between an Amblin's Coming-Of-Age comedy that have almost no bearing on the children's behaviour and following interactions until all of them have their scary trip (except for Beverley I guess since she's the only one that opens up to the boys and reaches out to certify she's not seeing imaginary things), so only then they might feel the need to share their mutual scary encounters with each other almost an hour in (Ritchie is the only one that get his personal encounter with Pennywise occuring in act 2 during the Neibolt haunted house trip after the projection scene sequence which was supposed to be the moment that ties all their personal fears into one). It's like one scene the kid gets almost killed by a psycho clown and the next that kid acts like nothing happened and resume their holidays instead of being in a state of shock and telling his friends about it.

Also the fact that they [REDACTED]

you may want to remove the redacted part from the post as they are technically book spoilers.  Not saying I disagree with the point of what you wrote in that section, just being careful since we were told to keep the movie and book separate :) 

I wasn't sure if any of the clips in this were spoilerish.  I don't think they are, but figured I'd test it in here first then maybe move it to the main movie thread.  But for those that like Batman and the psychology of him, as well as, IT.  I thought this was pretty well done :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 75Live said:

I wasn't sure if any of the clips in this were spoilerish.  I don't think they are, but figured I'd test it in here first then maybe move it to the main movie thread.  But for those that like Batman and the psychology of him, as well as, IT.  I thought this was pretty well done :) 

That is easily one of the best fan-made trailers ever made. 

• Like 1

I'm up to "Derry: The Third Interlude" in the book (p. 665 or something).

Ya know, they could really do more IT movies, beyond Chapter Two, that tell the story of the various happenings before 1957-58 (1988 in the movie I believe) without it feeling like they're just milking it or forcing it. The material is there in the book.

I won't mention the events in case they count as book spoilers, but anyone who has read the book will know what I mean. The book is 1,152 pages and there is a ton of exposition there about the history of Derry.

What do you think @Stutterng baumer Denbrough and others?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm up to "Derry: The Third Interlude" in the book (p. 665 or something).

Ya know, they could really do more IT movies, beyond Chapter Two, that tell the story of the various happenings before 1957-58 (1988 in the movie I believe) without it feeling like they're just milking it or forcing it. The material is there in the book.

I won't mention the events in case they count as book spoilers, but anyone who has read the book will know what I mean. The book is 1,152 pages and there is a ton of exposition there about the history of Derry.

What do you think @Stutterng baumer Denbrough and others?

absolutely they could make basically an anthology with just using the different time periods on the film.  I would welcome it if they did it right.

• Like 1