A Marvel Fanboy

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice | September 6, 2024 | RIP Harry Belafonte

Looks good to me. Looks right online with the original as far as the overall designs and feel of it. 

I think I read somewhere that they tried to use as much practical effects as possible including stop motion animation so it would have the same look as the first movie. 

At the very least, Keaton looks like he’s having a ball and will knock it out of the park lol

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:07 AM, SpiderByte said:

I am very unconvinced of this having a wide appeal among people who didn't see the original.

You can say that about any sequel.

Edited by dudalb

On 5/23/2024 at 2:30 PM, AniNate said:

I watched the trailer and it looks like a Beetlejuice sequel.

This. What the hell were people expecting?

I do think it needs to bring some new things to the table....your better sequels always do....but I hope it isnot like Gostbisters 2, which was too much like a remake of the first one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The original made 70 mil. Adjusted that's, what, 200 mil WW?

Yeah but that is what I made theatrically. This was a big Home Video movie. I did not see it in a theater. Now of course that does not  mean it will translate to big BO esp in this current marketplace.

For some reason I didn't like the first "Teaser" but the new Trailer brought me back to the original.  Jenny was the perfect casting, she really looks like Wynonna's Daughter (Her attitude etc).   This is one Legacy Sequel I hope does well.   We always thought the sequel would come out in the 1990's but it never happen.  At least we got the Animated Series and video games.  Michael really picked up were he left off.   "Bettlejuice" is just a really creative and funny character.  

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah but that is what I made theatrically. This was a big Home Video movie. I did not see it in a theater. Now of course that does not  mean it will translate to big BO esp in this current marketplace.

I'm sure it'll be profitable, aside from the cast it doesn't seem too expensive, but people expecting a blockbuster are gonna be really really let down I think 

14 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

People comparing this to Rob Zombie’s Munsters and Ghostbusters: Afterlife. Oh it so over. 😭

You think it will make 130M domestic? That will probably be a good number.