Neo

Mortal Kombat | April 23 2021 | Warner Bros. | James Wan producing

This looks ok, but I'm confused as to why this isn't getting any sort of vitrol and people are just like "it's probably gonna be bad but I'll have fun watchin it" while PWSA's Monster Hunter film, which looked better than this too, got a shitton of hate? I do wonder if they'd just hate this too if PWSA's name was attached to it (eventhough the internet adores his Mortal Kombat film).

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

This looks ok, but I'm confused as to why this isn't getting any sort of vitrol and people are just like "it's probably gonna be bad but I'll have fun watchin it" while PWSA's Monster Hunter film, which looked better than this too, got a shitton of hate? I do wonder if they'd just hate this too if PWSA's name was attached to it (eventhough the internet adores his Mortal Kombat film).

I guess for me at least cause I’ve played the games a long time this was basically what I was expecting/wanting from the movie, I just want hardcore fight scenes, I don’t care about story lol (kinda like with GvK).  I can’t speak for anyone else though. 

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Mortal Kombat movie: is faithful to the games

Monster Hunter movie: is not faithful to the games

Also helps that Mortal Kombat has always been a stupid series. Jonny Cage’s main fighting move is punching people in the nuts for crying out loud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1